Raygun Guitars- New Post, Help Pick Colors!

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by verhoevenc, Apr 11, 2015.

1. verhoevenc

verhoevenc Member

It's been a long time coming but I am super proud to finally announce that I have taken some of the designs I've created over the past few years and am now producing import versions of them in Korea.
    With this I've also gone through a little bit of re-branding as well; the imports are Raygun Engineering and the custom work that I will continue to do will be the Raygun Experimental Labs. Below is a picture of the two base models I'm having made for me, but we also have a modified version of the offset (Model 2) that comes with US wound Jazzmaster pickups from Rose Pickups.
    Let me know what you think either here or in the comments section of the Galleries on the site.
    www.RaygunEngineering.com
    [​IMG]
    Best,
    Chris

2. Loni Specter

Loni Specter Member

Cool! I like that blue design!

3. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

4. verhoevenc

verhoevenc Member

Hey y'all, thanks for the kind words! The Model 1 (singlecut) is a design I've worked with for awhile now, the Model 2 (offset) is a much newer one. I'm still in an extended honeymoon phase with her myself Loni haha.
    I tend to lean more towards her wide-pickup'd cousin, the Model 2J, myself. I just love the jazzmaster style pickups!
    [​IMG]
    Best,
    Chris

5. verhoevenc

verhoevenc Member

We've got some pretty fun news coming out today. For those of you who might be in the Washington DC area there are now two places that you can play Raygun Engineering guitars!

Victor Litz Music in Gaithersburg Maryland now carry all 3 of our models.

Harmonic Music in Washington DC now carries both the Model 1 and the Model 2.

If you're in the area stop by and give them a whirl; let us know what you think!

Or, if you're into some southern rock Cranford Hollow is on tour across the US with a Model 2.
    [​IMG]

Best,
    Chris

6. verhoevenc

verhoevenc Member

How's everyone's Tuesday going? Mine's going great because I just sanded off the first level of pore fill on some guitars. While I've got them relatively goop-free before filler coat #2 I figured I'd get some conversation going about what color these things should be!
    Common specs for all 4:
    25.5 scale, 1 11/16" nut, 2 3/16" (Mustang) bridge, with 10" radius fretboard Model 2Js

From top to bottom in the front facing pic they are:
    1- Michael's: bamboo body and neck, quilted maple top, and wenge 3-pickup beast.
    Since this one is spoken for the customer will be choosing. He's going with a orange-to-yellow-center burst
    2- No customer: thinline swamp ash, curly maple neck, and ebony fretboard
    I'm currently thinking either a "Mary Kay" Shell Pink, or a traditional Mary Kay White?
    3- No customer: alder, maple neck, and amazon rosewood fretboard
    I'm thinking either 3-tone tobacco burst to make this a fairly "traditional" interpretation piece, or black... black and tort is always a win
    4- No customer: Spanish cedar and sinker redwood body bound in tort, madagascar rosewood/ebony laminate neck with madagascar rosewood fretboard
    Since this is very much-so a "wood showcase" piece, this will likely just get cleared

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd love to hear what you all think the color schemes should be on these builds! Even though I had initial thoughts, I can generally be swayed by good ideas too
    Best,
    Chris