1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

RC-2 Loopstation - anyone true bypass theirs?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by WoodyStrat, May 16, 2011.

1. WoodyStrat

WoodyStrat Member

I was browsing the "neatest pedalboard" thread and a poster "The Gas Station" has what looks to be a true bypass switch installed on his loopstation.

I will PM him and find out what the deal is. But I was curious if anyone has had this done? If so, who does this kind of work?
    i really would love to have it done.

This is the pedal I love to hate because of the crap buffer but it is such an incredible tool I don't want to take it off of my board.

Please don't tell me about a loop pedal otion. I have one...just no room for it and I hate all the extra cables and connections.

2. LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Member

I doubt that is a true bypass switch. More likely, it's a momentary switch installed on top of the pedal to perform the functions of an external footswitch, but without the external footswitch.

3. ThePenwellCrash

ThePenwellCrash Member

:agree

I think I've heard him discuss it's functionality before, and it wasn't true bypass

4. iko

iko Member

and a Tone Sucker ;)

5. dangeroso

dangeroso Member

I'm in the process of building a dual bypass pedal to bypass my Boomerang and my entire board (2 separate bypasses). Cheap and easy to do.

6. WoodyStrat

WoodyStrat Member

That would be cool too. But there must be enough room in there for the swtich so TB should be an option. :drool

I will have to check around and see if it can be done.

7. LuckyBlackCat

LuckyBlackCat Member

Well there are going to be issues with making it true bypass. You probaby already realize this, but you couldn't just add a bypass switch and use it in place of the RC-2's existing switch, because the switch performs many more functions than simply bypassing the pedal. A TB switch wouldn't be able to tell it to stop recording, playback, overdub, or undo, etc. You'd have to leave the existing switching system intact for when you're actually using the pedal to loop. So you could add TB, but you'd have to turn it on (the TB switch) and then use the original switch to do all your looping and playing. The TB would sort of be your "master on/off" switch.

8. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

check with jack deville to see if his click-less bypassing is possible on this.

9. Truxton Spangler

Truxton Spangler Member

I've mailed him twice about it but no response.. does he hang out here anymore? I'm also interested to know as I want to put that solution in several of my boss pedals :)

Best regards -T