RC-2 users- do you need an additional footswitch?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by krisharmony, Jun 11, 2008.

1. krisharmony

krisharmony Supporting Member

I'm getting one of these soon and am wondering how easy it is to use as the single pedal alone?

2. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Member

It's just fine at home practicing, but if you're planning on doing any looping live it's helpful to have the extra switch.

3. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I bought an extra footswitch for it, but I've almost always used it alone. I don't use mine live though. I use it mainly for writing riffs and practicing.

4. Alter

Alter Member

it works fine for me as it is.. i use it live too

5. bisticles

bisticles Member

I just got an RC2 last week and have gotten so used to playing without an extra footswitch that I'm just going to keep it that way. I've primarily been using it to practice, but even doing punch in/out stuff to solo over chord playing is pretty simple and smooth.

6. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

I find it much easier to use with an extra single footswitch. Then you can start it on the pedal and stop it WITHOUT CONTINUING THE LOOP with the external one. THen at your leisure you can hold down the external one to erase the loop.

7. Mincer

Mincer Member

without the external switch, "the double press to stop" thing gets a bit difficult to deal with when playing live.

without an external switch, you have to double press and hold to erase the loop...and you hear about 2 seconds of the loop playing before it erases. is it the same with the external switch?

8. Clint torrez

Clint torrez Member

With the external switch you just press it once to stop, and when you hold it down, it erases the loop silently. I only use my RC-2 for at home practice, but I need a dual footswitch, it's just so much more convenient.