RC Booster problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jerseydrew, Feb 16, 2006.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Supporting Member

The problem is that it's too good to turn off. I originally bought this as a volume boost for solos. It makes my amp sounds so much better that I can't turn it off.

I'm gonna leave it on. So my real question is, what pedal should I use as a volume boost that will work well with my RC Booster and my Fulldrive 2? Do I buy a second RC booster? BB preamp? Any ideas?

2. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

3. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

Maybe try a Durham Sexdrive.
    I have an RC Booster and I used to have a Fatboost and a Sexdrive. I got to try a Sexdrive again with my RC Yesterday. For overall control and neutrality the RC wins but the Sexdrive is cool too and perhaps has a little more mojo to it.

4. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

I'm faced with that same problem. I'm thinking about adding a Keeley Katana Boost perhaps. I have the AC as well and don't like it for a boost FWIW, not clean enough for me.

David

5. Craise

Craise Member

How does the RC clean up? Have you tried turning the gain and levels up to where you would want them for solos..and then just roll back on your volume? Worth a try i guess. :)

6. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

doesn't turning a boost on and then rolling back the volume defeat the purpose?

7. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I'm buying a second catalinbread super chile picoso for that very reason. Though maybe I should buy an RC booster instead for some variation

8. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

not with a good one IMO because you're still getting some boost at whatever volume you're at. I use my RC like this at times, as I also do with my Tim. You get some boost (less) when you're rolled back for rhythm, more when you dial up for solos.

jc

9. el34power

el34power Member

I have a Picoso and. I got one of these last week.. Very similar to the picoso but "cleaner" so to speak.

http://goudiefx.com/prod04.htm

10. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

Are you using a buffer?
    One of the things that makes the RC so addictive is that it acts like a buffer, I think there's one in there, but don't quote me on it. So anyway, I ran into the same problem, but then I got a VHT Valvulator (tube buffer), which added that same sweetness. Then I just started using the RC as a booster again.

11. Unburst

Unburst Member

If you want more of a smooth gain tone, the BB pushed with the RC is a thing of beauty.

12. tfire

tfire Member

Buy a volume pedal.

13. Troubleman

Troubleman Silver Supporting Member

I got a BB about a month ago - love the thing; works really well with my Fuchs Blackjack 21. I've been jonesin' a RC really badly to push it. Maybe after I'd done with the taxman... or more correctly - when the taxman's done with me

jb

14. jbird327

jbird327 Member

I use a clean boost after the RC. I initially got the RC to work as a boost but like the grit it adds to the sound and usually end up keeping it on. The clean boost is a Cornish Boost/Mute.