RC or AC Booster to pair with Tubescreamers?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coolhand78, Jul 7, 2008.

1. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

Im looking at the xotic RC or AC booster to pair with my MJM Blues Devil, Keeley mod+ and Fulldrive 2 mosfet.

I'm wanting to use it as a bit of a gain boost to my "clean" (which is a cranked vibroverb) to add a little more sparkle, and then to use as a boost to my tubescreamer pedals (mostly the MJM and Keeley) to send it into lead territory...

would i be best with an RC or AC?? or is there something else out there that i should be looking at?

cheers.

2. GregoryL

GregoryL Supporting Member

I have had both and also use a TS808 RI for leads. If you like the sound of your amp clean, then go with the RC Booster ... it just gives you more of the amp sound.

If your amp needs to be warmed up a little, then the AC might be the right choice, but I tried both and ultimately stuck with the RC. I found the AC a little redundant as it kind of does the TS thing given that it has a little more gain on tap ... les mid-range hump though compared to a TS.

The RC you want to keep on all the time.

3. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

4. jony2

jony2 Member

Definitely the RC.

5. coolhand78

RC it is... thanks lads!!! ;)

6. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

I use the RC stacked after a clean boost a lot these days. Some guitars/amps like both, others just one or the other. The RC adds just enough extra. I keep the gain knob down at 9:00, for a very subtle gain boost. Makes the clean bigger and more resonant, rather than adding dirt. Great pedal.

7. coolhand78

that sounds exactly like what im after...