RE-20 + LanuchPad + TBLooper = Awesome

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Galapogos17, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Galapogos17

Galapogos17 Gold Supporting Member

I have a blackface fender and thought I would try using the RE-20 through the first channel of my amp and my dry signal through the second Channel. This works amazing. The coolest part is that the RE-20 is always getting my signal so I can build these crazy paddy sounds and then kick them on with the looper.

signal chain is various pedals into launch pad

launch pad 1 output => RE-20 input A => RE-20 output A => FlexLoop Return => FlexLoop => output => Normal Channel of amp

Launch pad 2 output => Vibrato Channel of amp

You just leave the RE-20 on all the time and use the FlexLoop to turn the signal off and on. This also takes the RE-20 out of your signal chain when it's not on. You can use the twist feature with the pedal and use the indicator light to tell when to kick the peal on and use those cool slipping sounds when the tempo is slowing down! If you don't want to hear it ramp up and get all fast this is a great way to do it.

Your original tone is always there on the vibrato channel and it never goes through the RE-20. I also have the sensitivity on the launch pad up to where my amp was starting to distort and then I back it off to clean it up.

You can turn off the direct signal on the RE-20 and this way you still have your direct sound and if the RE-20 starts to distort your original tone is clean. This creates another cool effect.

2. Galapogos17

Also, using it this way you can put effects after the launch pad and before the RE-20 and only hear them in the repeats!

3. drod2045

drod2045 Member

Man, i need more time/creativity (and money) to mess with cool signal chain ideas like this. Sounds awesome!

4. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

I'm llooking at this pedal and looking to implement something like what you have going.

Really interesting.

I am wondering how a pedal like the Barge Concept VFB-2 may also add to interesting possibilities with the RE-20.

http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html

5. Galapogos17

dorfmeister,
    That looks cool too! There are a lot of possibilities with that looper.

If you have an amp with two channels, I would really recommend picking up a Barber Launch Pad. It has so many uses, buffer, boost, phase corrector... I just got the Penny Pedals FlexLoop. It's a cool idea, you can change the position of the jacks to fit your pedal board. I havn't had a chance to mess around with changing them to see how hard it is, but it seems very simple.