• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Re 201 impedence mod is there a way ...

sixty2strat

Ok I dont have the skills or the guts to tinker in my RE201. Is there a way to do the" JFET follower mod to convert the input to high impedance" but do it as a external mod i.e. such as a ped or fx that would be palced in the chain before space echo. I guess this would be along the lines of the Foxx wah retrofit that analogman put in a box. Could it be done?

sixty2strat

I did that for years I used a TS808. Now days I just go right in or used a beano boost or old fuzzface,so looking for away to get around the buffered pedal. just less stuff in the path.

Space Hammer

Here is Mr. Zoom's original schematic:

EDIT:OK the embedded image is huge so Here is a link

so yeah it can be external (well i'm 99% sure it can)- just need to hook the "17V DC" point up to power and the ground to well, the ground point

Also - had this mod done to my RE-201, it is awesome and highly recommended

Skreddy

Silver Supporting Member
Funny how some people like that low-impedance input so much they buy a separate pedal to reproduce it. Something to do with Brian Setzer. Personally I'm clueless to its particular appeal, but it is a popular product for real.

flyonthewall150

Silver Supporting Member
I used to have an RE-201 and would have to use a buffered pedal with for this reason. A Boss tuner works great. Without it my tone was really dull and muddy sounding. I don't see the big deal about using one extra pedal to accomplish this.

Trending Topics