• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

RE-201 replica?

jruano

I thought I saw one on Reverb the other day but I'm not finding it now. Who's seen it?

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
You're welcome. I was a bit tempted myself but (maybe the demo videos don't do it justice) something about the original RE-201 sounds more lush to me? Not that I can even claim I've ever owned one but I was hoping to hear that same characteristic in this Echo Fix unit and it sounds closer to a drum echo to me than the RE-201. I could be alone on that one but just dumping my thoughts while the topic's out :D.

Also the price point I feel could perhaps be a little more competitive? Definitely a clear benefit in having a brand new tape echo unit sent to you but you can also get a well kept RE-201 for about the same price along with some original juju.

jruano

Yeah, I'd be definitely in at a few hundreds less. At that point I'm still thinking about it.

woolyh

Same price as the Fulltone TTE which seems fair enough.

Feel like they could have done a better job making it look cool like the original as this has more of a 201 plugin kind of vibe ;p

lestera34

Silver Supporting Member
I want to like this more. Need more demos. The price doesn't seem insane for a newly developed improvement on a product many of us love, but I need more sound samples.

Trending Topics