Readings on Ellis 50/60 pups?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarb, Feb 18, 2012.

1. guitarb

guitarb Member

Need to know the ohms readings on the Strat 50/60 Set with the hot bridge. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. BBender

BBender Member

Doesn't matter...don't think Ron is doing anymore...I've sent him numerous emails without any answer. He may be too backed up.

3. ryhlick

ryhlick Supporting Member

I don't know about the vintage hot set. My Tele 50/60 mid tall neck reads 6.81 and my 50/60's bridge reads 7.20 for what it's worth. I have tried numerous sets of pu's over the years and nothing I have heard has the tone and mojo that Ron's do. I was lucky to get them close to a few years ago when there was no wait. His pu's are amazing, but there are other fantastic winders out there that can get you taken care of in a timely fashion.

4. CS'56

CS'56 Member

Are you asking about the Strat or Tele set?
    I believe ryhlick answered for the Tele set

5. throbert

throbert Member

When I spoke with Ron back in May of last year about 50/60 Strat set, he said the hot bridge read around 10K. and used 43 gauge wire. The neck and the middle pickups read about 6.5K. and 6.7K. and used 42 gauge wire. He said the bridge pickup was much more useful by itself in conjunction with the Russian cap he sends along with the set and could be used for Jeff Beck-type solo lines without fear of losing any of the quack of the in-between position 4 sound of the middle and bridge pickup together. If not satisfied, you could return the hot bridge for a more standard wind. I sent a check in to be placed on the waiting list and it's now going on 9+ months. The previous poster is correct about other winders and the fact that Ron is just not accessible anymore. I was told a couple of weeks ago via email my set was on the way and that's just not the case. It seems he's swamped now. Too bad since he appears to have an excellent product but with the waiting list being a year or more, that's a long time to prepay for something.

6. nest

nest Member

I heard from Ron recently, he is just very busy with making humbuckers for Gibson. He will fill all of the orders that he has for single coils and continue to make all of the variations of pickups. He is just more overwhelmingly swamped than he ever imagined.
    He really is a great guy and he will take care of all of the orders.

7. stratneck

stratneck Member

Do you have his Phone # ?....