• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Ready for something new.. Whats coming out next (or rumors of what is coming!)..??

Already went through my Axe-FX stage.. (twice).. moved on
Went through the Zoom G3 phase..
GSP1101
Line6
Kemper

Whats the news on the streets?.. Anything new just around the corner?

I heard Yamaha might have something coming? Any news on that?

I wish Korg would make another high end rack unit.. something better than the A1, A2, A3 with some modern amp tones

Post away!

Thanks!

Anthony Sims
www.facebook.com/TheHillbillySiNs
www.theHillbillySiNs.com

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
Besides the Yamaha, a Digitech rep has hinted on another forum that they are working on something new. I would also expect at least one company to launch an unexpected surprise at winter NAMM.

speedyone

Silver Supporting Member
What version Axe FX did you have? And what did you think of the Kemper?

I recently sold off all my gear to fully fund mine and my wife's adoption efforts, and will be looking to get some kind of modeler in the near future. I always like to hear folks' opinions of what worked for them and what didn't.

CptSensible

Besides the Yamaha, a Digitech rep has hinted on another forum that they are working on something new.
DigiTech should try just getting their long-awaited software update to the iPB-10 released before moving on to something new. Focus people, focus.

Will Chen

DigiTech should try just getting their long-awaited software update to the iPB-10 released before moving on to something new. Focus people, focus.
:rotflmao

Unless its an absolutely critical bug, I'll give you one guess as to when that will happen (hint, ask RP1000 users how well their harmonizer works). I generally love Digitech gear, but long term firmware updates are not the company's forte.

TheAmpFactory

erm, personally thinking..,if you did not like any on the list you provided, then maybe digital is not for you...

Just saying..

Deaj

Silver Supporting Member
erm, personally thinking..,if you did not like any on the list you provided, then maybe digital is not for you...

Just saying..
Truth.

The top tier modeling gear has closed the gap between analog and digital and some sport enough versatility to ceate sounds beyond most users imaginations.

Will Chen

I think the Kemper rack will be shown by years end for Namm preview
If they're going to do it in 2013, I'd put money on being during Musikmesse rather than NAMM given them being a European company.

Guitar Vilain

:rotflmao

Unless its an absolutely critical bug, I'll give you one guess as to when that will happen (hint, ask RP1000 users how well their harmonizer works). I generally love Digitech gear, but long term firmware updates are not the company's forte.
Yep, never buying from them again. Now that I read they're still releasing products with buggy firmware it seems like an even smarter move :)

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
Dang, how much evolution in the market to you expect? I mean, how long has the KPA been out? 2 years tops?
What didn't you dig about the modeling stuff you tried?
I'm going to guess monitoring... I say that because I have fought that battle myself over and over and over again.
I think Matrix has actually helped to fill the gap for me more than anyone else at this point.

Will Chen

Yep, never buying from them again. Now that I read they're still releasing products with buggy firmware it seems like an even smarter move :)
Oh, I'd buy from them again. Simply test the product and make sure it meets your needs out of box. Maybe in the future they'll shift their focus to more continual updates (they're kinda doing that with the iStomp), but that honestly is a rather new thing in the MFX market which companies targeting the more affordable end of the spectrum probably can't afford to do. Bear in mind that the iPB-10 is essentially an RP which allows an extra modulation and order shifting tied to an iPad interface. You could've gotten 90% of the performance at half the price in a rock solid package by grabbing an RP500 and updating the firmware to the most recent beta, or a used GSP1101 w/ control 2 for less. Anyway, sorry for the brief hijack...

Guitar Vilain

Oh, I'd buy from them again. Simply test the product and make sure it meets your needs out of box. Maybe in the future they'll shift their focus to more continual updates (they're kinda doing that with the iStomp), but that honestly is a rather new thing in the MFX market which companies targeting the more affordable end of the spectrum probably can't afford to do. Bear in mind that the iPB-10 is essentially an RP which allows an extra modulation and order shifting tied to an iPad interface. You could've gotten 90% of the performance at half the price in a rock solid package by grabbing an RP500 and updating the firmware to the most recent beta, or a used GSP1101 w/ control 2 for less. Anyway, sorry for the brief hijack...
That's another thing, I seriously dislike the direction Digitech is headed - I'm not into the iHype, and will likely never be. BTW I don't think Apple will survive the loss of Steve Jobs, we all remember what happened last time it went into the hands of executives who are only in it for the money. Yes it will take some time, but IMHO will happen inevitably, and to be honest I think Digitech is going the same route - time will tell.

Back on topic, I dream of a new firmware for the Eleven Rack, one with pitch shifting (doesn't even have to be a harmonizer) and user loadable impulse responses... Is there still hope? :cry:

MollyPolly

Besides the Yamaha, a Digitech rep has hinted on another forum that they are working on something new. I would also expect at least one company to launch an unexpected surprise at winter NAMM.
man, I hope it's a more capable modeler/multi-effect pedalboard with all the hardwire effects in there.

I absolutely LOVE the sound of the RP500, but it has some frustrating shortcomings--limited routing options, no global tap or any tap for mod effects, limited expression functionality, lame looper-- that keep it out of the HD500 league.

MollyPolly

That's another thing, I seriously dislike the direction Digitech is headed - I'm not into the iHype, and will likely never be.
yeah, I agree that this is a terrible direction for them.

considering the commoditization of touch screens, chips and memory, a $500 unit that requires a $500 third party hardware device is ridiculous IMHO.

just build the damn thing with proprietary hardware and the software loaded.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom