• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ready to dump some gear for the Kemper

Glenharris1971

Silver Supporting Member
I swear, I have yet to see a bad review of this Kemper. I am seriously considering dumping gear I wouldn't have dreamed of getting rid of a couple of weeks ago. GAS is taking over! I'm sure I'm not the only one.

cyclerob

Dump the gear and get the Kemper! That's what I'm doing now... Got the Kemper and I'm not looking back!

_pete_

Silver Supporting Member
I swear, I have yet to see a bad review of this Kemper. I am seriously considering dumping gear I wouldn't have dreamed of getting rid of a couple of weeks ago. GAS is taking over! I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I'm doing the same for an Axe FX II.

Glenharris1971

Silver Supporting Member
Seems like it would make more sense to actually try one first? :roll
-
Austin
I'm not exactly in a big city that has 5 music stores with one of these handy. I've seen lots of videos and read about the KPA extensively. I'm pretty sure it's a winner for me.

charley

Gold Supporting Member
I'm not exactly in a big city that has 5 music stores with one of these handy. I've seen lots of videos and read about the KPA extensively. I'm pretty sure it's a winner for me.
Agree. Seems like something you have decent odds of rolling the dice with. Especially since the big box online retailers have return policies. I live in NYC and have never seen one in a store here. And we have everything.

Audioholic

It's a good move depending on the person of course. The hard part now adays is the actual dumping of the gear. Somethings are just hard to sell :(

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
As you probably know, Ipulled the trigger and I've already begun selling some stuff. Not getting rid of anything critical until I try it, but I've been sitting on some stuff that I've been wanting to purge for some time. Most everything Ive listed on eBay sold in a day so far...

TheAmpFactory

I hate getting rid of gear.. as there is always that moment of.. arrgh" when ya really need it..

so now I dont.. in fact ive got more gear that I dont use, than gear that I do.. odd..
I must have a sort ut at some point me thinks!

Glenharris1971

Silver Supporting Member
As you probably know, Ipulled the trigger and I've already begun selling some stuff. Not getting rid of anything critical until I try it, but I've been sitting on some stuff that I've been wanting to purge for some time. Most everything Ive listed on eBay sold in a day so far...
It was after seeing your post that I became even more intrigued. If the Frugal Guitarist is buying one...
BTW- don't know how you got such a good deal but if you run across some crazy coupon or something, shoot it my way.
Thanks!

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe. But since you can buy it online from a place with a return policy, why not buy it first, try it out and then sell your gear if you dig it? Besides, then you could actually compare it with the stuff you have now. That's what I did and it didn't cost me an extra dime.
-
Austin

Glenharris1971

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe. But since you can buy it online from a place with a return policy, why not buy it first, try it out and then sell your gear if you dig it? Besides, then you could actually compare it with the stuff you have now. That's what I did and it didn't cost me an extra dime.
-
Austin
Did you keep it? If you sent it back, for what reason?

MaxTwang

Try it first, gear is personal. Plus if you're considering selling gear you like you'll want to profile it before getting rid of it. Profiling gear you like setup your way is a great way to lean the Kemper (as opposed to sorting through tons of other peoples rigs and blaming the Kemper if you can't get your sound/feel).

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Did you keep it? If you sent it back, for what reason?
I sold it and made about $50. I preferred my Axe2. However, there were numerous things about it I loved and I will definitely be following it's continued development. It's a great time to be guitarist!
-
Austin

Doozy440

Yes, try it first. I'm a clean player so all those high gains put me off at first. I took the plunge and started profiling my clean set ups. I'm sold.

Glenharris1971

Silver Supporting Member
That's good to hear. If it does a good job of capturing a Fender Twin, that would take care of all my needs for clean.

Will Chen

Platinum Supporting Member
It was after seeing your post that I became even more intrigued. If the Frugal Guitarist is buying one...
BTW- don't know how you got such a good deal but if you run across some crazy coupon or something, shoot it my way.
Thanks!
Well, I don't see this as being frugal by any stretch of the imagination. Its expensive. Almost uncomfortably so for me. There's honestly no way I can justify it really. This is a case of my tech geek side overtaking my more grounded sensibilities. Its the very concept of profiling which has me extremely intrigued. Honestly, from this point forward the number of amps modeled in a device means nothing as its theoretically infinite in the Kemper. I'm very excited to see where they take the tech. For example, perhaps a future firmware (or next gen unit) would have a different profiling method in which you dial in the controls at 3 different positions (say all controls at 1, a sweet spot, and all controls max) and the Kemper would mathematically stitch them together to create a more accurate representation of an amp across all settings even being able to decode the tone stack.

Glenharris1971

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I don't see this as being frugal by any stretch of the imagination. Its expensive. Almost uncomfortably so for me. There's honestly no way I can justify it really. This is a case of my tech geek side overtaking my more grounded sensibilities. Its the very concept of profiling which has me extremely intrigued. Honestly, from this point forward the number of amps modeled in a device means nothing as its theoretically infinite in the Kemper. I'm very excited to see where they take the tech. For example, perhaps a future firmware (or next gen unit) would have a different profiling method in which you dial in the controls at 3 different positions (say all controls at 1, a sweet spot, and all controls max) and the Kemper would mathematically stitch them together to create a more accurate representation of an amp across all settings even being able to decode the tone stack.

I disagree. I think it could be considered very frugal if you think about it...
I play in a mostly covers band. We do EVERYTHING. I can't tell you how many pedals I've been through trying to get this sound or that. Unsuccessfully. I want the Dumble sound, so what do I do...buy a Wampler Ecstasy. That is $200 alone. As far as I can hear, it comes nowhere near the likeness that I have heard the Kemper put out imitating the Dumble. The Wampler is a fantastic pedal, don't get me wrong. Then I move on to the Boss series GT8, GT10, then the Line6 HD series thinking “this is the perfect solution for me”. Wrong. They always leave me wanting. Each have their own gremlins that I do not like. I did not study up on them as much as I have studied the KPA. I have bought and sold (and usually lost money on) countless effects and amps trying to get “the sound”. I love great tube amps but I will not in my near future be able to afford a real Dumble, Cornford, Engl, Two-rock, /13... the list goes on and on. I really think that the KPA could end the constant quest for tone for me. So $1800 is very frugal as far as I am concerned. Now I have to come up with the scratch.

Trending Topics