Real Cab Alongside Cab Sims

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Reykor, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Reykor

Reykor Member

Hey guys, my guitar signal chain is the following: Guitar->Audio Interface In->Laptop with Ampsims->Audio Interface Out->Power Amp-> 1x12 cab with a celestion V30.

I'm loving this setup, as I get sick tones out of it. One thing that is bugging me is that I get a much better tone using impulse responses alongside the cab than I get by using only the cab (with the impulse responses turned off).

Anyone experiencing the same?

2. scook

scook Member

It just means your amp sims aren't very real... They need the IRs to sound better.

Do whatever works! If you like the sound with IRs on, then stick with that.

3. Reykor

Reykor Member

Yeah I'll just keep using whatever sounds better, was just curious if anyone else felt the same way.

4. scook

scook Member

We'd have to know what modeling plugin(s) you're using.

5. Reykor

Reykor Member

I'm using Lepou's Plugins, mainly the LE456 for hi-gain stuff and the LeXtac for cleans.

6. scook

scook Member

I'd be interested to know if something like S-Gear or Amplitube would lead you to the same conclusion (that your real cab still sounds better with an IR in front). If you haven't tried those, you should download a demo and see what you think.

But then again, if it's not broken, don't fix it!

7. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

Well the LePou stuff has power amp sim... That might be the reason that the lower amp into cab isn't sounding right...