Real Fender Tweed Bandmaster owners!

hogy

Alright, it's a very long shot. I've tried before throughout the years, so here it goes again.

I own a 1959 Fender 3x10 Bandmaster. Had it for 15+ years. about 7 years ago I sold it in a temporary state of insanity. The new owner loved it so much, he bought another one, a re-tweeded '57.

Stuff happened and a couple of years later I got a call from him asking if I wanted to buy my old Bandmaster back. He had already sold the '57. I wasted no time and repossesed my amp.

As I inspected it closely I noticed it now had a matching, perfect set of reconed '57 Jensen P10Rs. When I sold it it had matching '59 Jensens.

Turns out this guy sent all six speakers from both Bandmasters out for a recone and screwed up by putting them in the wrong amps.

So somebody out there has a recovered '57 Bandmaster they bought from a guy named Josh in Alexandria, La. with a matching set of '59 Jensens. Those amps are very rare, maybe a few hundred total.

If you have this amp, I have your speakers, and I'd like mine back!

Please get in touch with me.

Thanks, Hogy

LZ_69

You should do a post over at the vintage amp forum as well.

Did he say how he sold it? dealer, forum, ebay?

hogy

He sold it on ebay.

Of course, I have no way of knowing if it has changed hands since.

What's the vintage amp forum? The Weber board? I'll post it there. Any other board suggestions?

Thanks, Hogy

gkoelling

Does the guy you bought it back from have any record of who he sold it to?

I Googled vintage amp forums and came up with vintageamps.com and amptalk.com. That's as far as I looked and I'm unfamiliar with those two.

Good Luck

LZ_69

He sold it on ebay.

Of course, I have no way of knowing if it has changed hands since.

What's the vintage amp forum? The Weber board? I'll post it there. Any other board suggestions?

Thanks, Hogy

Plexi palace, Shows up as vintage amp bb in my bookmarks.

hogy

The guy who sold it knows who he sold it to.

No he doesn't. I grilled him, believe me. He said he sold it months ago, the listing expired, he had no recollection, yada yada.

In short, he was not helpful and frankly wanted me to go away and quit bugging him over some stupid speakers.

So this is what I'm left with.

My hope is that someone who buys a Tweed Bandmaster is a gear hound and liable to be hanging out on gear forums. It certainly would be a win/win situation for both of us, the '57 Jensens I ended up with are actually cleaner than the original '59s were, and since they're all reconed now, what's the difference.

sabby

Silver Supporting Member
The snarky and completely unhelpful part of me wants to suggest that you drop a P15N in there.

:Spank

But seriously, {rimshot} good luck tracking down your speakers!

sideman

The seller should have info on (1) who paid him (identity in paypal or bank account), and (2) who he shipped it too. Also (3) eBay keeps records of buy/sell transactions for six months. He doesn't want to help you. Maybe offer money?

hogy

The snarky and completely unhelpful part of me wants to suggest that you drop a P15N in there.

I guess you won't like hearing that I pulled those godawful sounding P15Ns out of both my '54 and '59 Pros and replaced them with two tens each.

I hate 15" speakers with a passion. All of them.

sideman

Jeez. Well, keep an eye out on eBay and the classifieds, in case the guy who got them realizes that they're the wrong speakers and tries to sell, and also every three months or so post here and the other major forums, trying to find the guy. Good luck.

hogy

Can I bump this vintage thread again? You never know.

Still have the old Bandmaster, still want my speakers back...

bgoez

Stratocasters are my downfall!
Gold Supporting Member
good luck in your quest, needle in a haystack for sure....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom