Realistic Highball 2 33-985C made by Shure??

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by asintoras, Feb 27, 2012.

1. asintoras

asintoras Member

I got for free a funny looking omnidirectional mic (600 ohms). The brand seems to be called Realistic and the model is Highball 2.

I saw a couple on ebay and was trying to find more info. People say it was made by Shure for Radioshack, and it is close to a SM57 in sound (I haven't try it yet). Do any of you have had experience with these? It is just like this one here:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Realistic-Highball-2-Dynamic-Pro-Professional-Microhone-33-985C-/370587935175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5648c321c7

I know most of you would just turn your heads into this, and I did the same, but just out of curiosity I started looking for info and found that some folks at tapeop like them for bass and guitar cabs.

Let me know your opinions.

Thanks,

2. Chrome Dinette

Chrome Dinette Member

I think Shure made a couple of different mics for Radio Shack. I don't think any of them were the same as a 58 or 57, but were probably the equivalent of cheaper Shure models. The top of the line RS mic had an XLR base, I think the rest(like the one you linked to) just had an attached cord.

3. asintoras

asintoras Member

Yes, mine is not balanced, and its impedance is high (600 ohms).

4. speakerjones

speakerjones Member

I would recommend selling it to the guy a few threads down looking to plug an SM58 into a guitar amp.