• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

REALLY weird bug with timeline

nrvana8775

Can someone try duplicating this really quick?

Run a midi clock into it. Use the dbucket, in single mode.

Try saving the patch and see if it gets stuck at 150 bpm?

PLZ.

snouter

Yup, seems like a bug. When I got my malfunctioning Value knob to eventually realize I was turning it and changed the Range parameter, I loaded up a song with a 108bpm in Sonar with MIDI out enabled and the TL jumped to 150 bpm.

nrvana8775

Ha, so weird. I hope that gets resolved quickly, because the dbucket is quickly becoming my favorite setting.

I sold my brigadier....go figure.

Gila_Crisis

Hi all,
I redig this tread, because I've noticed the very same problem on my Timeline.

First: all my delay presets are set to global so that they all follow the same given tap tempo/BPM.

Now the issue.
DBucket delay engine: if I use the onbord tap tempo switch, I can tap anything from 30 BPM up to 300BPM, the Dbucket follows it flawlessly.
I'm doing some recordings in my studio, and to simplifiy synch between different units I send the midi clock from an HX Stomp to the Timeline.
Now, If I send a Midi Clock lower then 75BPM to the TL, lets say for example 57BPM, all my delay presets align to that 57BPM midi clock, but the DBucket presets stuck to 75 or 150 BPM (depening on the single or double range parameter).

I know theoretically the Dbucket delay time ranges are fixed between 40-400ms for single range and 80-800ms for double range, but don't understand why it can freely follow the internal tap tempo and not a midi clock.

I did check my midi setup in the unit but I couldn't solve it.
This morning I've updated the firmware to the latest available (1.88), but the issue is still there.

I've already wrote to Strymon support (waiting for a reply), but maybe somebody here has checked this and can help.
Any hints?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gila_Crisis

Hi all,
I redig this tread, because I've noticed the very same problem on my Timeline.

First: all my delay presets are set to global so that they all follow the same given tap tempo/BPM.

Now the issue.
DBucket delay engine: if I use the onbord tap tempo switch, I can tap anything from 30 BPM up to 300BPM, the Dbucket follows it flawlessly.
I'm doing some recordings in my studio, and to simplifiy synch between different units I send the midi clock from an HX Stomp to the Timeline.
Now, If I send a Midi Clock lower then 75BPM to the TL, lets say for example 57BPM, all my delay presets align to that 57BPM midi clock, but the DBucket presets stuck to 75 or 150 BPM (depening on the single or double range parameter).

I know theoretically the Dbucket delay time ranges are fixed between 40-400ms for single range and 80-800ms for double range, but don't understand why it can freely follow the internal tap tempo and not a midi clock.

I did check my midi setup in the unit but I couldn't solve it.
This morning I've updated the firmware to the latest available (1.88), but the issue is still there.

I've already wrote to Strymon support (waiting for a reply), but maybe somebody here has checked this and can help.
Any hints?

Thanks!

I got a reply from Strymon Tech Support, and this is normal:
Yes, this is normal. You are technically able to tap outside the BPM range, but you're not able to outside of it with MIDI clock or the actual TIME controls. Please stay within the range to avoid inconsistencies with MIDI clock, or use a different algorithm such as DIGITAL.

Trending Topics