realy good simple compressor for bass?

ejkennedy

I need direction for a great sounding pedal format compressor to be used with an American pbass into an orange bass amp and SVT cab. Something straightforward but QUALITY. price is not a big concern. Thanks guys!!!

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I highly recommend the diamond bass comp, simple and easy to use.

The origin effects cali76 is also getting great reviews for guitar and bass.

The empress compressor is nice, but could be seen has harder to use than the other two.

Check out www.ovnilab.com

Silver Hand

I like the MXR M87 Bass Compressor. Its very fast attack/release capable, meant to be like the 1176 compressors. It has control over many parameters, is simple to use, and has a nice LED that show the amount of compression being applied. It's worked well for me on both bass and guitar. Very transparent as a 4:1 compressor up to a fairly strong limiter.

jordane93

I like the MXR M87 Bass Compressor. Its very fast attack/release capable, meant to be like the 1176 compressors. It has control over many parameters, is simple to use, and has a nice LED that show the amount of compression being applied. It's worked well for me on both bass and guitar. Very transparent as a 4:1 compressor up to a fairly strong limiter.
yep, I hear this is a great comp for guitar as well

Silver Hand

yep, I hear this is a great comp for guitar as well
It is. If they made a version that was identical except had a guitar centric name and a slightly different color or something, it would probably increase sales on the unit much more. A majority of guitar players probably don't even look at bass compressors when looking for compression.