• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Reason 2x12

woad_yurt

I got industrious yesterday.

A guy on Craigslist had a Reason head, wanted a combo, and ordered this combo cab from Reason. He didn't like it and went back to the head. He sold me the combo cab for cheap but it had an opening where all the amp's knobs were. So, I took a piece of wood, glued on some car upholstery fabric, and installed it from behind. Looks kinda cool, I think.

I have a Twin Reverb head in a cabinet I made myself and have enough of the fabric to cover the front panel so they match. I'm doing that today and will post a picture of the the whole deal later.

Last edited:

dave_mc

that looks really good so far :) the leopard (?) print sorta matches the brown piping, which is cool- looks like that's the way it was meant to be.

woad_yurt

Thank you! Yeah, I know; they compliment each other.

Seeing as it's raining and everyone's laid off and broke, I have no work today so I'm going to do a leopard panel on the head. I'll post a picture later.

woad_yurt

Here it is, my new gig rig. It's been a long time since I cranked it up so I went to the all neighbors and told them I would be making some noise for 5 minutes. Then I dimed it & did Anarchy in the U.K. Man, that amp with those two JBLs is one smokin' loud, blaring mother. Later, the woman next store said that I made birds on the power line out front take flight when I hit the first chord.

Last edited:
The guys at Reason are extremely friendly and helpful; I would imagine if you sent Anthony or Obeid an email, they would send you a replacement front panel for that cab which would make it look like a stock 2x12 cab instead of a combo cab.

Nice ingenuity though!

woad_yurt

Right now, work is very, very slow so my money is very, very tight. It only cost me $6.00 & 1/2 hour to make & install that panel. I also like how it looks more than I do Reason's stock 2x12s. I prefer the leopard accent to their plain black.

Today, I put some handles on the side of the head and I'll be done.

Last edited:

cxx

Just out of curiosity, is it open back? What are the dimensions and does it have heat vents on the top?

woad_yurt

It's got two solid removable panels on the back, covering the top and bottom thirds, and the middle third is open. No heat vents. It's 20" wide, 28" wide and 12" deep.

It sounds pretty good, with a nice, 100% clear bass end. I'm glad it sounds alright because, without those back panels, it would probably flex pretty easily with a decent bump. It's all butt joints and held together by screws into strips of wood on the inside corners.

Trending Topics