Reason Amps? Anyone have anything from them?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by gollumxcore, Mar 29, 2015.

1. gollumxcore

gollumxcore Member

Hey guys, I'm waiting for a Reason SM40 to be shipped to me along with a matching 2x12 cab, Reason as well. Anyone else have any of these amps? Super stoked on it!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. dilznik

dilznik Member

I have a Bambino and it's awesome. Anytime I email them they answer almost immediately. Very good product and very good company. And handmade in the USA.

3. gollumxcore

gollumxcore Member

Awesome thank you guys the responses! Glad to hear people are loving their amps! I saw the thread from 6 years ago haha, was looking for more recent stuff. Anyways, sounds like I've made the right choice :)

Cant wait!

4. illini

illini Member

I had the Bambino and the Bambino Grande. Sold the Bambino for the Granda because I wanted a little more power. Sold the Grande because it was between it and the AC15. Liked them both. I have always loved the clips of the SM40. It is the Reason amp I would like to get someday.

5. Ekluksdahl

Ekluksdahl Member

I have extensive experience with most of their stuff and I really think you'll dig the SM40. It's a killer amp for sure! Prob one of the best EL84 amps on the market. It can do the jangly thing or kick stack on for rip roaring overdrive.

Let me know if you have any questions!

I recently acquired a SM25 head and cab. It's super versatile and can do just about any sound on the market. It does Fender, Vox, and high gain Marshall super well. Definitely no OD's required with this amp, but they do take pedals really well.
    Please take note..... These amps are NOT for the bedroom player.... They need to breathe and be turned up..... They are SUPER loud.... Definitely for a working/studio musician

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  6. jay42

jay42 Member

I bought some things from Anthony before Reason. I have a Bambino in a custom combo cabinet with a 30W weber Blue. I think Obeid did a great job on the Bambino. It IS a Strat amp fundamentally. It fills the low volume niche for me.

7. Ekluksdahl

Ekluksdahl Member

Agreed

8. soulloud

soulloud Member

I don't know why these amps haven't really taken off. Obeid uses them live sometimes and they sound amazing.

9. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

I've got an SM40 and a Grande. They're fantastic amps. Very clever designs and really nicely made, modern amps. These are actually the only two modern amps I own, LOL. I don't think Obeid gets enough kudos around here but the guy has been designing great sounding amps for a looooong time.

10. gollumxcore

gollumxcore Member

oh boy...this is making me so excited! thanks guys for the responses :)

11. Teclo4

Teclo4 Member

Love my Bambino. Great service and communication with the company

12. jay42

jay42 Member

I've seen a Black Crowe's thing on youtube which is really bad sound wise, but one of them is playing an SM. It's hard to tell why the sound sucks. Looks like there's a Rich Robinson 50W model now. I saw Sheryl Crow in 2010 or '11, and the guy who wasn't Doyle Bramhall was playing an SM head also. It sounded good to me...same stackmode setup as the Bambino.