and it didn't blow up! I got a full set of electrolytics from Luxe for my 55 Fender Tremolux. I wanted to be careful so I did some asking around and this is what I ended up doing. I built a discharging tool out of a piece of plastic tubing and put a 10 ohm 2 watt resistor on the end of it, attached to the resistor was a wire with an aligator clip I attached to the chassis. I touched each lead of each cap and then followed up with a dead short to ground with an insulated screwdriver. After I was 99% sure the caps were empty I used a set of insulated needle nose plyers to pull the leads loose as I heated them. Cleaned everything up and soldered the new caps in place. I used Kester 44 60/40 and got some pretty good looking joints. This may or may not be common to do but as I was reading about the whole procedure I learned of a current limiter device to use on power up to keep from blowing up the amp. It's an extention cord, you put a light blub (40 watt) in series on the hot side and when you power up if theres a problem the light bulb will go before the amp. I did this, switched the amp on a looked to see if the tubes were getting red, not really. The amp was very quiet, so I'm thinking it's not working. I plug in my guitar and it does work! It was just very quiet. I removed the current limiter and powered back up, sounded lots better with full power. It's currently setting ON for the next two hours to let the caps form. I'm happy!