Recent Lovepedal Burst E

High Voltage

I figure people would start getting them soon. How are you guys liking them? How do they compare to other E's.

I couldnt find the thread that was up awhile ago. Did it get deleted?

duaner58

Silver Supporting Member
Got mine in the mail yesterday and only played it at low bedroom levels.. The "woody" description is dead on..

I opened her up and its def not a HW pedal, but for $100 what do you expect. The paint job is real gritty, but the sound is pretty damn killer.

Gonna try to stack it tonight w/ my SHOD and see what happens. Too early to tell but I will say my initial thoughts are that its better than by Kanji.. And when I mean "better" I mean warmer/woodier with out too much heavy bottom end.

Liquid_Mojo

Silver Supporting Member
I got mine yesterday too and played it briefly. It definitely has a woody sound, but I would not describe it as a warm. The glass knob has a lot of treble on tap. It has more gain then I expected. My amp isn't very dark (Fender) so that might have something to do with it.

I'm digging it so far.

Andre357

Mine came in today and I'll try it out tonight....

I had one of those first runs of SMD bursts a few years back and loved it ( dont know why I ever sold it actually )... I think I pd $ 199 back then...so at $ 100 I couldn't pass it up !

Woody and smokey is the way I remember it sounding...

duaner58

Silver Supporting Member
I got mine yesterday too and played it briefly. It definitely has a woody sound, but I would not describe it as a warm. The glass knob has a lot of treble on tap. It has more gain then I expected. My amp isn't very dark (Fender) so that might have something to do with it.

I'm digging it so far.

To clarify I had the glass knob set at 9 oclock.. I play tele's w/ hums so I never have the tone/glass knobs set too high.

Psh511

I got mine yesterday as well and it has more gain on tap than I was expecting. The the fit and finish is different than my Lovepedal Plexi 800 but for 150 dollars less Im not going to complain. When A/Bing both I was able to get similar sounds but like others have said the Burst seems to be smoother and darker at bedroom levels...

spakuloid

Got mine yesterday and it kicked 2 pedals off the board. Very smooth and silky with lots of useable drive on tap. Like it way better than the Little Green Wonder that I was trying out (which by comparison felt stiff, somewhat fuzz like and more ragged) - so I sent that back to PGS. The instructions say to start with the Glass knob off - and add treble (glass) as needed. With it off - my amp tone sounds untouched and perfect. With a bit of the treble boost in there - it adds some snap but still has that smooth silky feel. Gets a bit much with the Glass knob turned up. FWIW - I had a stock black eternity pedal a few years ago and was playing a different amp and it sounded really harsh so I sold it. So I am guessing that these pedals are pretty amp dependent for what kind of feel you get.

B Bent

Silver Supporting Member
Mine is "out for delivery" right now. I cant wait to get home and try it!

duaner58

Silver Supporting Member
Got mine yesterday and it kicked 2 pedals off the board. Very smooth and silky with lots of useable drive on tap. Like it way better than the Little Green Wonder that I was trying out (which by comparison felt stiff, somewhat fuzz like and more ragged) - so I sent that back to PGS. The instructions say to start with the Glass knob off - and add treble (glass) as needed. With it off - my amp tone sounds untouched and perfect. With a bit of the treble boost in there - it adds some snap but still has that smooth silky feel. Gets a bit much with the Glass knob turned up. FWIW - I had a stock black eternity pedal a few years ago and was playing a different amp and it sounded really harsh so I sold it. So I am guessing that these pedals are pretty amp dependent for what kind of feel you get.

I was throwing the idea around of getting one of those LGW cb' versions myself. I already have the SHOD and DBD which are not going anywhere...I bought the E burst on a whim. What was the difference between the two besides the fuzz like raggedness?

spakuloid

I was throwing the idea around of getting one of those LGW cb' versions myself. I already have the SHOD and DBD which are not going anywhere...I bought the E burst on a whim. What was the difference between the two besides the fuzz like raggedness?

Well, practically everything is different. For fear of starting a hate crime war - :boxer - let me just say that the LGW is not a bad sounding pedal. :boxer It just is not at all in the TS style overdrive category - and I have lots of experience there being a TS nerd. It has more of a square wave distortion going on - which is perfectly suited for some players. It borders on fuzz. And there is a stiffness to it that you feel in your fingers and pick attack especially when you try to do a legato run and that smoothness and fluid ease of motion is just not there. But the LGW does sound great cranking out the chords and keeping articulation. It does have a cranked class A tube amp sound that is definitely musical and I can see why lots of people love it.

Straight from the Mad Professor himself:

As designer Bjorn Juhl put it:
"Whereas Little Green Wonder is a TS-style pedal, but one for those who don't generally like TS-style pedals.
Big difference between these two pedals would be headroom, distortion style and distortion depth and treble response, output level, function of tone knob, color, symbol.... they do share a common layout of mechanical components."

There is WAY more headroom on the LGW - which I could care less about...

The distortion is harder than any TS style pedal I have played - moving into Fuzz

There is a lot of SAG in this pedal as you turn up the drive and get into the fuzz

The eternity is smooth and creamy with more violin tone.

Both are great.

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
i didn't get one of these, but if it's anything like my Roadhouse E, don't be afraid to run it with the gain set low and the glass set low, pump that output a bit. It'll still sing, but take away anything on the harsh side of things....

cheers, enjoy!!

duaner58

Silver Supporting Member
Well, practically everything is different. For fear of starting a hate crime war - :boxer - let me just say that the LGW is not a bad sounding pedal. :boxer It just is not at all in the TS style overdrive category - and I have lots of experience there being a TS nerd. It has more of a square wave distortion going on - which is perfectly suited for some players. It borders on fuzz. And there is a stiffness to it that you feel in your fingers and pick attack especially when you try to do a legato run and that smoothness and fluid ease of motion is just not there. But the LGW does sound great cranking out the chords and keeping articulation. It does have a cranked class A tube amp sound that is definitely musical and I can see why lots of people love it.

Straight from the Mad Professor himself:

As designer Bjorn Juhl put it:
"Whereas Little Green Wonder is a TS-style pedal, but one for those who don't generally like TS-style pedals.
Big difference between these two pedals would be headroom, distortion style and distortion depth and treble response, output level, function of tone knob, color, symbol.... they do share a common layout of mechanical components."

There is WAY more headroom on the LGW - which I could care less about...

The distortion is harder than any TS style pedal I have played - moving into Fuzz

There is a lot of SAG in this pedal as you turn up the drive and get into the fuzz

The eternity is smooth and creamy with more violin tone.

Both are great.

See thats why I bought the SHOD cause I wanted a little something different than the TS style pedal.. I tell you what.. its outstanding too and Im hoping this E will play nice w/ it.. Thanks for the input!

dad gad

it sounds pretty rad to me, i had it set to almost off level all the way up drive and noon on glass and it sounds mean! gonna a/b with my OCD ver2.1 and try clean boost and treble but so far so good

High Voltage

Man Im really bummed I missed out on these after hearing you guys talk about them. If anyone is considering selling theres let me know.

Andre357

Mine came in and I fired it up last night. Fantastic version of an eternity and no tonal compromises for a 100 bucks.

Addictive tone. Woody, smokey....really nice sounding.

By woody, I mean it was making my tele sound a bit like a semi hollow 335 while on the neck pickup - it sort of adds wood and air around the note ( it's hard to articulate )

It may replace my HW RH or HW Kanji/E6. It's that good, IMHO.

musickbox

Silver Supporting Member
Yea, I got mine on Monday and I loved it. I really stopped looking for OD pedals after my timmy/Tim. I hated most TS style pedals but this thing is another animal. It nails that blues sound I've been looking for. Also has the best sound when rolling back the volume knob than any of my other pedals.

duaner58

Silver Supporting Member
The pedal really sings... When I slammed it w/ my Flying Dragon boost it was tonal bliss for my solos..

Trending Topics

Top Bottom