• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recession and Selling Your Pedals?

Jumblefingers

Silver Supporting Member
1) I'm wondering how many of you/us are now selling pedals you wanted to keep due to $$$ affects of the receission, as opposed to just wanting to sell to fund your GAS?

2) Are you being more careful on what you by based on it's potential ability to be sold for equal $$ or just a small loss if you don't like it?

:huh

andrewface

1) right now ive been buying more then selling for some crazy reason
2) i think this is the case for alot of people whether the economy is good or bad. When im buying used i want resale value!

prsnstrat

I almost always sell to fund GAS. lol

To me, resale is important, but not as important as your need at a given point and time. Prices for used pedals are all over the map these days. I recently sold a pedal in like new condition for about $20 less than three of the same that are currently for sale here.

ninjaaron

I was thinking about this.

The US government is about to print TONS of money to spend budget, stimulus, pork, etc... = Inflation.

Resellable goods will hold their value much better than the soon to be worthless dollar. This would be an excellent time to invest especially in vintage pedals. I bet they will out preform gold.

Muzzy

Silver Supporting Member
I've Been having a ball trading in the emporium lately. Everyone still has gas but ,not money. In order to get their fix they have to trade off some beloved stuff But, you get others beloved stuff in the process too so, it all works out. Personally I think trades are more equitable for everybody than buying or selling.

Aj_rocker

lately i have been buying less and less its not to do with the "recession" its more that i turned pro in october and every penny counts towards me having a roof so gear is second plus i want to spend more time on playing than trying out more new gear.

AJ

storm319

I have found that I am buying less not because of my financial situation, but because of the difficulty to resell because of others buying less. Basically it has been a good thing since I have been passing on "impulse buys" that I end up changing my mind about a week later.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I'm an idiot... I'm always buying, trading, selling whatever. I'm a gear junkie. As soon as I think I love what I have, I hear or see something else I want. GAS never fails to create a little hole in my pocketthat $20 here or $40 there falls through. Oh well... At least I'm not addicted to crack! LOL

rust1975

I'm selling most of my stuff to fund a move back to reality (Austin). I'm stuck in Hawaii and there's absolutely no music scene out here to speak of.

Jules

I am buying a lot of stuff at the moment. This is because I live in the UK and most of the pedals I want are imported from the US - a lot of shops got their stock in a while ago when the exchange rate was a lot better for us and I am grabbing things before the price goes up.

When shops run out of stock they are having to import at the current exchange rate and it ends up being on sale for about 30% more.

Seegs

I havn't really changed anything about the way I do things...I sell because I don't use the pedals/gear and I have a bottom line that I need to get back on all sales and I'm not willing to go below that just to move pedals/gear out the door...

Chow,
Seegs

Dog Boy

Man I've been buying more than ever and not just what I need. Some of the Craig's List deals are too good to pass up. I scored a MIJ Green Label Boss ce2 for 25 bucks a few days ago. Chorus is the last thing I need but what can you do?
Week before last I got a DD3 for 40 and a MI Audio 6 knob Tube Zone for 90. V2 KOT for 180 about a month ago.

I'm checking CL many times a day!

Jacobpaul81

I've been trying stuff since people are having to sell it off. Rarely would I have 6 gain pedals lying around.

Sadly, now that I'm relisting stuff, no one's buying it. I'm just sort of sitting around waiting for people to buy.

Guinness Lad

I sell pedals because they either don't live up to the hype of TGP or don't fit my application. I might keep something for a good while but if something else comes along which works better then off goes the old stuff.

There are certain effects which I do not need to sample every known model - Phasers, chorus pedals and wahs come to mind. Overdrives have been the main thing I buy and sell along with boosts and fuzzes. Right now, I'm pretty set although I still have been playing around with some fuzz pedals.

I always try to buy used at a reasonable price and most of the time I break even. I wouldn't continue to try things if I always lost money on it.

Trending Topics