• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recomend me a rackmount Power Conditioner for tube amps

Sherwood

I usually have 2 amps on my set up. I play 1 at a time, mostly 50 watters. In rare ocasions i'll have 3 amps on the same set up.

I've been told the common power conditioner can't take amplifiers.

I'm looking for a rackmount power conditioner able to help keep constant power delivery for at least 2 heads + pedalboard + amp switching system.

I'm tired of hearing so much gain and volume discrepancies during a gig due to poor power delivery.

Any recommendations?

misa

Silver Supporting Member
You'll need to see if you can calculate the current draw of what you're intending to run at the same time. Furman has been at the game for a long time, the P-1800 PFR is meant for use with instrument amps. They have some models that can provide even more current, so you'll have to assess your own setup.

Plus it sounds like you're actually after a voltage regulator, not a power conditioner. Something like the P 2400 AR. And like @amphog said, heavy and expensive.

Sherwood

What are you guys doing to overcome this problem of how bad a tube amp reacts to unstable voltages?

Diablo1

Why do you think you have a power supply problem? Have you measured the line voltage when you experienced these issues?

DavidS

Silver Supporting Member
I've used a Furman AR1215 for years for that exact reason and it works great. I've even run a PA amp & mixer in addition to my amps, pedalboard with never a hiccup.

rusty

I own a guitar & I'm 3° from Kevin Bacon
Silver Supporting Member
got one of these so my amps are always running at the voltage i biased them at...some venues just cook my tubes...126v from the wall :(

problem solved.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom