Recomend me a Talk Box

BluesHarp

Bon J and Peter F time. Whats the best one? Or is there only one? Also, is there a auto talk box type like theres a auto wah pedal?

joeysmac

I bought a talk box once...got it home and hated it...i would not recomend it unless you are doing covers of the 1% of songs that use a talk box...sweet emotion being my favorite. It took me forever to sell that thing...nobody wants after your mouth has been on the tube.

BluesHarp

best talk box ive found is my mrs... why not take her home & try her for a weekend?
I must have married her sister, cause mine talks like she's burning calories or something. :roll

Feel the burn!

Joeysmac: ..."nobody wants after your mouth has been on the tube."

I'll leave that alone.. :D

But doing covers wouldnt be the only reason... how about creating new music??? Do yo feel like I do?

Bon J and Peter F time. Whats the best one? Or is there only one? Also, is there a auto talk box type like theres a auto wah pedal?
Rocktron Banshee.(BUT) buy a good 1/2 hose to use with it.The factory hose/tube is pretty weak.It bends and crimps and is a pain in the ass to get wrapped around the stand..Is it the best Talkbox? No! But it will get the job done and double as a practice amp at home.Self Powered/put it inline like a pedal and forget about it..

Gigbag

I got the Rocktron Banshee a cuople of years ago. It works well for the few things I use it on.

I have never tried any alternatives. Mine was a suprize Christmas gift.

I think they are about $130 now.

TheGrooveking

A good tip is to always run a loop in your tubing, so that if any saliva goes down the tube, it doesn't run into the driver.

Also the original made in the US Banshee models had Electro Voice drivers, not sure if the overseas made units do though.

TheGrooveking

npirt.89

we played bon jovi's its my life last week, and used the rocktron banshee. it sounded awesome. but i don't know much about talk boxes.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Rocktron Banshee, as our band does:

Livin' on a Prayer
Show me the way
Sweet Emotion
Man in a box

Works well enough...but you have to have the tube REALLY CLOSE to the mic, as all the sound goes into the p.a., and none through your amp.

S.
j

Trending Topics