Recommed a Stereo Delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Baby Evil, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Baby Evil

Baby Evil Member

I have switched to a Fender Dual Showman Reverb, and it hasn't got an fxloop. I tried putting my GMajor, whose delays I love, in front of it, but weird things happen : the pedals before the G seem to drop the volume when they're engaged, and the sound is all wrong. It seems the G only works in a loop.

So, recommend me a programmable stereo delay to put in front of Fender amps. Tried the DD20, not an option. Ditto for that Line6 DL4.

Anything left:D ?

thanks,

Jan

2. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

Fulltone TTE. With two great amps, heaven.

3. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

did you try the line 6 Echo Park - thats what Ive ended up using , it has some nice stereo fields ( Im partils to the Ping Pong) and it has stereo in/outs leaaves the original signal alone.....
    You should use the adapter to keep noise down ( tho I dont have that problem...)

4. Baby Evil

Baby Evil Member

The TTE would be great, but too expensive. No L6 for me.

Is there such a thing as an impedance convertor, so I can keep using TC stuff? Actually, the D Two seems the perfect thing, except you can't use it but in an fx loop.

Jan

5. flicker180

flicker180 Member

yeah, you definitely will have a hell of a time with a GMajor ahead of an amp unless you send a pre-amp signal through first.

i used mine by sending a clean hot boost through the gmajor to a Lexicon 284 and out that way...made a heck of a lot of difference.

dave

6. Baby Evil

Baby Evil Member

7. rooster

rooster Member

Chandler Digital Stereo Echo.

rooster.

8. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

Let me up the ante - tap tempo with a dotted eighth note option.

I just plugged in a Guyatone Flip Tube Delay. Next to my DD-20 it sounds like honey compared to dry bread, a rainforest compared to the desert, ...

I've always loved the DD-20 but next to this tube thingy it sounds dry and lifeless. The Guyatone as wet and dry outputs. Makes a really nice stereo field.

So, what delay gives you the following:

* Stereo (or wet/dry) outs
    * Killer sound like the Guyatone
    * Tap Tempo
    * Dotted eighth note tempo

John

9. dosmun

dosmun Member

Chandler Digital Stereo Echo

10. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Line 6 Tone Core Echo Park, it does it's job well.

TheGrooveking

11. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

You want a DLS Echotap. I had a Guyatone Tube Echo and the DLS sound much nicer and the sound is more tweakable from dark dirty tape to floyd digital clean; you get a tap tempo plus another channel of set times which you can switch between; stereo ins and outs (or you can mono in, stereo out). Tis a great unit and sound good infront of the amp. I use it on my univalve set to well broken up sound and it works great!