• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recommend a 15" speaker for a 5F1

Che_Guitarra

I just had a happy accident and found out my 5F1 with 15W OT sounds fantastic as a practise bass amp. I had kinda shelved this amp as I have another build project which I think is a better suited amp for my playing... but if it works with my bass, I might as well put it to use when friends come over for a jam.

I have got a couple of cabs at my disposal with 10" and 12" speakers, but these are low watt and I don't really want to push them too hard with a punchy bass.

Can anyone recommend a 15" speaker I could try and run through? Ceramic preferrably. Just looking for a workable type P-Bass tone for rock jams and recording, nothing too high gain.

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
I have had great success with Eminance Beta 15's. Fliptops used to recommend them as replacements for the B-15 Fliptop amps and I scored 2 for free at one point. I was pleasantly blown away by them and they are dirt cheap to boot.

woad_yurt

JBL G135:
104 db efficiency, unbelievably rich, full and articulate, 50-6000 hz(!), 200 watt capacity, next to impossible to blow, and only $150 for a nice one from Jammin' Jersey's in California.

I have one of these and it does great with bass or guitar. Keep in mind that your amp would be quite a lot louder with one; it's crazy efficient. I have a 2x15 Eminence bass bottom here and the single JBL blows the doors off it.

Last edited:

gigs

I have a Weber 15F150 Vintage Ceramic 15 inch Speaker, 50 watts. Have had it 5 yrs and it is a great speaker for guitar. Quite loud and articulate. Doesn't break up, lots of headroom. I highly recommend it.