• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recommend a Blues Guitar Lesson???

mingo

I have a friend who is looking for a Blues Guitar lesson book with tab and audio, or a DVD, or some free online lessons.

Does anyone know of a good one to recommend for a beginner guitarist?

Thanks!

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
Tell him to get some blues cds and learn from there. You can't learn blues out of a book. (No I don't hate books, I have a Master's Degree in Jazz Studies and still believe in learning from records).

Arlen Roth's Chicago Blues guitar 1&2 DVDs are both excellent with timeless info. I also love Ronnie Earle's Blues Guitar with Soul, which is just a treasure trove of West side Chicago blues guitar.

CyberFerret

+1 for Jeff's Truefire courses. I have the 'Evolution of blues' and the '50 Blues licks' from there and they are both excellent. Jeff is a good teacher.

Tell your friend that he has to pony up some $ to get decent lessons IMO. :)

jmcerlain

Silver Supporting Member
+1 for Jeff's Truefire courses. I have the 'Evolution of blues' and the '50 Blues licks' from there and they are both excellent. Jeff is a good teacher.

Tell your friend that he has to pony up some $ to get decent lessons IMO. :)
Thanks man!

Dylan61

The Ronnie Earl DVD, when can you use the tunes he is giving is lessons on, and he uses a lot of difficult jazzy grps chords. I played it over and over but more to listen to Ronnie Earl.

I have about the whole Trufire collection,

and I think the Carlton 335 DVD jumps out, he realy can go back to the basics, playing on 1 positions everything you need to Bluesjam, behond that he goes very far for the beginner but that part is worth the whole episode.

truefire

http://truefire.com/blues-guitar-lessons/

the guy that does this is a member here Jeff McErlain

http://truefire.com/blues-guitar-lessons/50-blues-guitar-licks/

Last edited:

Trending Topics