Recommend a distortion pedal

wox

Silver Supporting Member
Been a while since I've owned a pure, straight up distortion pedal.

I'm looking for something to use with a non-master JMP that is usually played at a pretty clean volume, but want to get that 80s hair smooth and sweet distortion.

Any recommendations?

to pile on with the Rat recommendations, maybe the Fat Rat? might have more smoothness than a stock Rat. also, check out the DS-1x demos, I've seen some going used for a pretty good deal recently...

mrpinter

Platinum Supporting Member
The Subdecay Super Nova Drive is a versatile, smooth high gain OD/distortion with the benefit of a 3 band EQ.

Pazz

I agree that the Rat should work very well in your situation. The added benefit is that it is relatively inexpensive.

I would recommend taking a look at the Amptweaker line. I suggest the Tight Rock for the sound you're looking for. The Amptweakers have features that you may find very appealing. Multiple loops make them great foundations for pedal boards.

I doubt too many people around here will want to give recommendations on dirt pedals. We're all so shy and unopinionated.

Buzzard Luck

What's the budget? New or used? Have you visited a guitar shop recently? Otherwise a Rat, for sure~~ just kidding, don't do that~. Instead go for a real treat of a sleeper pedal- Egnater Silversmith~! Thank me later, once that silver box lights up that gold faced Marshall set clean~~

Trending Topics

Top Bottom