recommend a good rack delay!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sf audio, Feb 24, 2008.

1. sf audio

sf audio Member

Currently I'm running a PCM81 as my FX between preamps and a poweramp. Of course it's nice, but I'm looking to sell it to finance a nice combo amp.:AOK

For the most part I'm doing high gain leads and really only want a delay unit - don't need multi-FX. I also don't want to spend a ton a lot, maybe $200 tops for a used rack unit. I realize this rules out the good stuff. I'm looking at older MXR, ibanez, and similar stuff, either analog or digital. Just want something clean, transparent, and not too noisy.

BTW, has anyone run a high gain setup through an older, analog delay unit? Does it work well or too noisy/grainy?

2. blood5150

blood5150 Member

you may be able to get a Roland SDE-3000 for that much if you look hard on ebay.....that price range really puts you out of the range of some great delays....

3. KLB

KLB Member

Get a good deal on a TC D2 ($250-300?)

4. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Warren Haynes uses the Chandler, though not in production currently, They still can be found on the bay.

5. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

the cheaper lexicon stuff is still excellent. also look for older digitech rackmount. . . .

6. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

Yamaha used to make a really nice delay...I think it's called the D1500? Anyway, I've seen them on the used market for as little as $150 or so...check eBay.

Some others that are slightly more than you were looking to pay is the TC Electronic D-Two(around $350 used) and the Line6 Echo Pro($450-600)

7. nitefly7

nitefly7 Member

I still dig the delays in a Rocktron Replifex

8. geetarman

geetarman Supporting Member

+1 Roland SDE-3000 or a SDE-330 owned both in the past and they're nice units.