Recommend a great non-pedal tuner for +/- $50?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by spyeman, Feb 27, 2009.

1. spyeman

spyeman Member

Boring topic, tuners, but I'm ready to throw my old boss tuner out the window, doesn't register my signal any more. Anyone have a nice, sturdy tuner they like that has line in (plug in the guitar) capability and is not a pedal? Thanks.

2. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

I haven't tried to use it yet but I just bought a korg pitchJACK today as my other small cheap tuner bit the dust recently.

Upon leaving the store I thought it might work to just plug it into my tuner jack on my VP as well. :)

it cost $25 I think.

we'll find out how well it works tomorrow.

3. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

love my Korg GA-30. 20 bucks and +/- 1 cent, can't beat it. Good luck seeing it on a dark stage, though

4. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Raise your price a little....$129 for a tuner that is PERFECT on pitch...
    True bypass, and accurate to .02 (I have to be careful here, I made a mistake before comparing this to a Strobostomp, which up to now has been my favorite) of a cent. Allows "your own tuning"

Well...I'll just copy their text:
    • A True Strobe Tuner in a Stompbox Format
    • True bypass
    • Muted output
    • Chromatic and guitar/bass modes
    • Fully programmable for alternate tunings and temperaments
    • Extreme accuracy: ±.02 cents guaranteed
    • Rugged die-cast aluminum case
    • $129.99
    • Made in USA
    Found at:

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

up to now I have been a Petersen Strobostomp fan, but someone here turned me onto this tuner...I just sent my order in for two of them actually, and from Youtube video shootouts, I think it is even better.

Personally, tuning and tuners I think are worth more than 50 bucks...but I can't help you if you insist on staying below that number. I'm sold on this tuner, and have never tried it so far...

5. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

the best is a tu-12, ill never sell it. call me crazy but id probably sell my sonic research strobe before id part w/ my trusty tu-12.

6. thetangmang

thetangmang Member

When I was in undergrad, my local shop had TU-12's that were decades old that they have used for setups over the years. So you know they're built to last. Definitely worth the investment.

7. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

oh yea and +1000 on the A440 tuning fork. it will help train you ear and make you not depend on electric tuners.

8. pattste

pattste Member

OnBoard Research Intellitouch PT-1. It sells for around $50. Clips to the headstock and senses vibrations. Accurate and easy to use. Backlit and easy to see under any condition. Made in the USA. Used by worldclass players like Bill Frisell and Jimmy Bruno.

[​IMG]