Recommend a strat for me?

Hey Guys,
I'm looking to add an SSS strat to my arsenal, I have a budget of around 1300$USD-1500$USD.

Im looking at some american strats, and also at K-line strats...anything else I should be looking at?

cheers
Sid

buchla300

The Eric Johnson model get's a lot of love it seems. New it's about $1800, so maybe b stock or nearly new one might be within reach.

gregory49

you could get your dream strat built by Kline for that price. Go with Chris. He's a good guy

I'm ordering a Mary Kay style in a month or two.

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
I have some really nice strats including a Clapton and a G&L Legacy. But if I were approaching this as you are I would really look at the offerigns from K-Line. If you want off the rack fender the Clapton model is great. Very versitile guitar.

XKnight

If you don't mind going used, you can pick up a Fender Custom Shop or maybe a Suhr for that price.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
If you have the chance to try out the guitar do it, it is a most!!!!!

Some cheaper ones can play and sound better than some expensive ones, but some expensive ones can be Godly.
Even the same models don't sound the same, there is always one that stands above the rest.
With guitars, you need to try them first so you know what you are getting.

So i urge you to go try them if you can.

bynt

Man if you haven't tried one yet, give the Eric Johnson a try. Great guitars. There's also the American Deluxes but I'm on par with some of the suggestions here. You could try a used Suhr or something for that kind of money. I see you're in Singapore. Do you have access to a lot of American guitars? The reason that I ask is that there are so many types of Strats out there it would be VERY benificial if you could play it first but I know when I was in Guam, that was really hard to do and what they had was REALLY expensive. Obviously Guam and Singapore are really different but....

I'd say try as many out as you can or at least post what you like in a guitar here on TGP and folks can help you go from there. Only because the difference between an American Standard/SRV/Eric Johnson/62 reissue is amazingly different just to name a few for example.

Bikedude

I j
AMDeluxeTSB.jpg
ust bought one of these. Under 1K, and it plays and sounds fantastic.

Shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
I have a G&L Legacy USA that I just put Bardens in. You could do that and have a killer guitar! I know I love mine. You can get a used Legacy for peanuts and they rip!

digthosetubes

Save some money ... try an American Deluxe C or V neck. Tough to beat for the price.

+1 I find these Samerium Cobalt Noiseless pickups to sound excellent. Noiseless and versatile. Very good fit and finish on mine. Play first if at all possible. Excellent value.

bonzo2

Just picked up a mint condition ever so slightly used Claptopn Blackie. Action is unreal. $1050 Tweed case and all case candy was included.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom