1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a suhr dealer.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bobbtoz, Oct 12, 2006.

1. bobbtoz

bobbtoz Silver Supporting Member

I'm considering purchasing a Suhr amp and would like you guys to recommend some decnt dealers.

Thanks.

2. AJ Love

AJ Love Senior Member

I like the folks at Make'n Music in Chicago... I also really like Indoor Storm

3. klatuu

klatuu Member

+1 for Indoor Storm.........fortunately I live reasonably close so I can visit in person. They have many more guitars in stock other than what is listed on the website, and Eddie has always gone the extra mile to make sure I've been happy and satisfied with my purchase. I just go in and ask "what's new and really cool....." and the most amazing stuff starts magically appearing!

4. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

+1 for Make 'n Music

Teddy's a good cat to deal with - so are Shane and John. I've known Teddy and Shane for quite awhile, and John's always been cool.

5. Joe_Steeler

Joe_Steeler Member

Make'n Music for sure.
    Wild West Guitars have been OK as well.

6. mattc41

mattc41 Member

I'd like to put in my vote for Tone Merchants in orange county. Noel is a very knowledgable guy, and extremely patient. I recently ordered a Classic from him, and am about to order a set of suhr buckers for my current guitar, and he really helped in offering the right advice to help me understand my options and what would work best for me and the music i play.

I'm sure the other dealers mentioned are great also, but i had to give Noel a plug, he's a great guy.

matt

7. Nomadgtr

Nomadgtr Member

+1 for Tone Merchants and Noel! I just took possession of a Carve Top Standard this week and Noel was great to work with from beginning to end. He's very dialed into the Suhr line and guitar tones and lineages in general so he can be very helpful in making suggestions to help you get what you're looking for.

8. pala

pala Member

They guys at Make'n Music and Noel at Tone Merchants really rock!

Pala

9. kurtsstuff

kurtsstuff Member

Mckenzie River Music in Eugene Oregon.....I've been dealing with Bob for over 20 years and as far as I'm concerned...He gets all my high end business!! plus....no tax... ;)

10. dookie

dookie Member

+1 for Noel at Tone Merchants... Great guy, great shop...

11. Reeek

Reeek Member

I'm sure they're all good but I've done Indoor Storm twice now with total delight. Eddie knows John's products inside and out.

12. JDouglee

JDouglee Member

Another vote for Noel.

13. sicktone

sicktone Member

+ 1 for Noel at ToneMerchants as well. Great guy (and great player) that will help you on "the journey":AOK

14. Maculan

Maculan Member

Overland Express - Dave Schaefer - no store=no overhead=nice prices. Teddy at Maken Music is also very nice to deal with

I never dealt with Eddie at Indoor Storm but I know people who have great respect for him - did call there once and talked to a typical counter jockey - made me never want to do business with them again.

15. m3g

m3g Member

I've worked successfully with Nathan at Eddie's Guitars in St. Louis on a few gear deals. I believe they are a Suhr dealer.

16. bobbtoz

bobbtoz Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it! Now I'll have to check out some of the shops you guys recommended.