Recommend an amp

Thrane

Hi,
Im searching for a new 1-2 channel head for home use.
For blues and country.
I play strats and teles. I want that sparkling clean tone.
Buld in reverb is not a must but it's ok.
I have been looking at the Two Rock sensor and Friedman Betty Buxom.
Also the Victory Earl 50.
It must also take pedals nice.
The head must be working with my
Marshall 1960 ahw.
(Celestion g12 h30)

The combi of American clean fenderish tones with plexi tones would be nice.

Thanks.

Last edited:

jsboswell

Silver Supporting Member
3rd Power Dream Weaver MkII is exactly what you are describing. 2 switchable or blendable channels - American (Bassman with switchable Blackface/Tweed voicing) on one side and Plexi (with switchable higher gain) on the other side. Switch between the channels or blend them together (my personal tonal nirvana). This amp ended my search, and Jamie Scott (owner/designer/builder of 3rd Power amps was awesome throughout the ordering process).

Thrane

3rd Power Dream Weaver MkII is exactly what you are describing. 2 switchable or blendable channels - American (Bassman with switchable Blackface/Tweed voicing) on one side and Plexi (with switchable higher gain) on the other side. Switch between the channels or blend them together (my personal tonal nirvana). This amp ended my search, and Jamie Scott (owner/designer/builder of 3rd Power amps was awesome throughout the ordering process).

Thank you. I will take a look.

Bluewail

Tone curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
You should check out the Redplates. Pristine Fender cleans in your choice of tweed of blackface depending on the model. The new Blackline is awesome but no verb. The older Blackverb, which I own, has a very solid verb.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom