• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

recommend me a amp

jnug

guys recommend me a amp. i'm looking for a low wattage amp, preferably in the 20-30 watt range, but will consider 40. i need a smooth over drive, nothing harsh at all with a great clean channel. need something with real good touch sensitivity. currently playing a fuchs ods 30, would love to get another amp with the touch sensitivity of the fuchs (the fuchs touch senstivity has spoiled me), but with a different voice. have been looking at some budda's but i don't think they will get me the smoothness i'm looking for, but i could be wrong. i know this has been :horse to death, but i've been looking for a month now and my brain is scrambled, so i thought i would ask you guys and see what comes about. so basically i'm looking for great touch sensitivity, smooth od, great clean, low wattage.:dunno

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Silver Supporting Member
Don't change amps, change speakers- it's the "last stage" of the amp's voice which is easiest to change! What are you running in the Fuchs now? A 30w amp leaves the door open to all kinds of possibilities.

jnug

Don't change amps, change speakers- it's the "last stage" of the amp's voice which is easiest to change! What are you running in the Fuchs now? A 30w amp leaves the door open to all kinds of possibilities.
don't what to get rid of the fuchs, just want something else to go with it. they will have to pry the fuchs out of my cold dead hands before it leaves. looking for a smooth, marshally sounding 18-30 watt amp with very good touch sensitivity

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Silver Supporting Member
looking for a smooth, marshally sounding 18-30 watt amp with very good touch sensitivity
"Marshall" and "smooth" are antonyms- the Marshall sound is defined in large part by its treble spikes, that's where the plexi harmonics live. "Smooth" tames that. Try running your Fuchs into a pair or quad of Celestion G12H30s or Weber 30w Silver Bells, they've got a very different midrange response from the Emis Andy loads into his cabs.

koa

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe try a Fuchs cream drive in your ODS. It's a very nice smooth OD and you dould still have the option of your ODS's dirt channel. Just a thought.

jnug

let's see, let me start all over, i have fuch ods 30, and a soldano SLO, looking for something in between. love the smoothness and bite of the fuchs, love the raw power of the slo, would be nice to add something to the herd that fell in between.

ohshait

hot cat 15, the od is so rich, thick and harmonic, very unique. the cleans arent to shabby either

trinian1

hot cat 15, the od is so rich, thick and harmonic, very unique. the cleans arent to shabby either
Yeah, I had a Hot Cat 30. The drive is definitely unique, and I would call it smooth, though a bit mid-rangey. The clean channel was great, too, and took pedals in front of it like a champ. It was a great amp.

Trending Topics