Recommend me a boutique builder or pre-existing guitar model.

jdel77

I have a decent little collection of good guitars, mainly Gibsons including a Custom Shop Custom, newer reissues and Norlin, some MIJ E Series Fenders and MJT/Warmoth Tele (this thing is amazing) and other random things.

I feel I'm wanting to thin the herd as they say and have 2 or 3 electrics - my CS Custom, Telecaster and something either custom made or that I don't know of.

Here's what I'm after in this guitar:

Fender scale length
Not fussed on body shape but definately not a Strat style
Bolt on or set neck, not fussed
A good, and I mean a damn good tremelo - I want this guitar to do basically 90's style hard alt rock/grunge and shoegaze. Wide trem dives, not bombing, but plenty of delay and modulation.
Solidbody or hollow, but must be able to handle high gain and volume

I'm loving the look of Koll, but not sure what trem I could have there. I know a little of Fano and Rhoney (maybe a Starcaster with a Jazzmaster style trem?).

Any other boutique builders? I really only know those 3.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
IHere's what I'm after in this guitar:

Fender scale length
A good, and I mean a damn good tremelo - I want this guitar to do basically 90's style hard alt rock/grunge and shoegaze. Wide trem dives, not bombing, but plenty of delay and modulation.
Solidbody or hollow, but must be able to handle high gain and volume.
You need a Floyd, for sure.

Suhr Modern is worth looking at imho.

Whitecat

How about a Knaggs Choptank with a trem? Standard config is SSS but you could always throw a stacked bucker in there yourself.

They've got a proprietary tremolo design that's very good, it's hinged rather than knife-edged, I've found it to be very stable (using a Severn, which is a Strat-style so you wouldn't want that one I guess - the Choptank is more Tele style).

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
If you're looking at a Rhoney, check out my thread on the Oceana Marquis. Has a Mastery vibrato and bridge, and is 25.5" scale :)

imguitardan

Looks like you're looking for a Jazzmaster with P90s. Retro guitars built me an amazing '59 Les Paul (better than any I've heard and I was a Gibson Custom Shop dealer in the late 90s early 00s).

I have a decent little collection of good guitars, mainly Gibsons including a Custom Shop Custom, newer reissues and Norlin, some MIJ E Series Fenders and MJT/Warmoth Tele (this thing is amazing) and other random things.

I feel I'm wanting to thin the herd as they say and have 2 or 3 electrics - my CS Custom, Telecaster and something either custom made or that I don't know of.

Here's what I'm after in this guitar:

Fender scale length
Solidbody or hollow, but must be able to handle high gain and volume

I'm loving the look of Koll, but not sure what trem I could have there. I know a little of Fano and Rhoney (maybe a Starcaster with a Jazzmaster style trem?).

Any other boutique builders? I really only know those 3.

Trending Topics