• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recommend me a Chorus Pedal

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Recommend me a good middle of the road chorus pedal. Right now Im playing with a Boss CH-1. I really like the pedal but its pretty much the only one I have really played through. All suggestions will be great appreciated!

:munch

lonelylooper

Plate of shrimp
Gold Supporting Member
get a nice flanger that can do the chorus thing (ehx dem), then you'll have both.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Many threads on chorus pedals... my vote is the Hardwire CR7. GREAT sounding pedal for the price. There may be better pedals out there, but not for under $140. I got mine even cheaper by using a GC 10% off coupon too! I think I paid $112 or so.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Fenderbigot. Thats what Im looking for. Middle of the road and I have been hearing alot of good things about the Hardwire series. Thanks all, keep em coming!

WoodyStrat

Many threads on chorus pedals... my vote is the Hardwire CR7. GREAT sounding pedal for the price. There may be better pedals out there, but not for under $140. I got mine even cheaper by using a GC 10% off coupon too! I think I paid $112 or so.
+1

The boutique setting has a good splash of Flanger. Great pedal, I love mine! Probably the "Swiss Army Knife" of chorus pedals!

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
^^^ and the studio setting has a bit of a phaser thing going on to it too. I like it because it's got the "level" control which prevents the chorus from sounding too "80s" by adding just a touch overall to your sound.

JeffOlson

I, too, am considering buying a chorus pedal, possibly either a Hardwire CR-7 (digital), a Jacques MS-2 MeisterSinger (analog), or a Carl Martin Classic Chorus (analog). They are all around $130. Despite its awkward (quaint?) size, I am leaning toward the Carl Martin.

FLYING V 83

Gibson Geezer
been through a bunch, including:

Arion SCH-1
Arion SCH-Z
Jacques Meistersinger
Retro Sonic
Small Clone
CE-1, 2, 5
Fulltone Choralflange
Digitech X-Series Multichorus
Dano Cool Cat
MXR M134 stereo

A Hardwire CR7 sits on my board now, and I'm not looking for chorus any more. FWIW.

Kestrel

I use a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus from time to time and I actually like it. You can't really get more middle of the road than the CH-1. I crank the Level and Depth all the way and leave the EQ and Rate at 12 o'clock, Sounds nice. Definitely not over the top, but lush enough to be tasteful. Sounds good with bass guitar as well. To me it sounds better than the CE-5 Chorus Ensemble.

The issue with many Chorus pedals is that some are very subtle and some have settings that can get too over the top quickly to be of any real use.

That said, there are a couple of chorus pedals I really like that are more rich sounding than the CH-1. Some can get warbly and give you slight pitch bends and Vibrato-like effects, but you can get some lush and classy chorus sounds out of them.

Ibanez CS9 Stereo Chorus
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus
Guyatone MC3 Micro Chorus
Danelectro DC-1 Cool Cat Chorus (the 18 volt version)
ModTone Aqua Chorus (noisy little bugger but sounds nice)
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone (the standard version. Stay away from the Nano Clone!)

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
I received the Hardwire for xmas and it's a very nice pedal! I currently use the Small Clone by EH and that's a very beautiful sounding analog chorus for a great price. There's a special quality & simplicity to the SC that I love but the Hardwire has features that are tough to argue with, especially the level control. It has a very nice sound, maybe not as loose as analog but the best digital sounding box I've come across and the different settings are all expertly voiced. It's on my board and will get used far more than the Small Clone, but the Small Clone has that one sound that, while "captured" by the CR7, isn't quite the same. However, it's close enough and the build quality is far superior to the Clone.

corbs

Silver Supporting Member
Get the Hardwire, it will end your search for a chorus. It is an excellent pedal.

Mikey2201

Yes I also have the Hardwire and it is an excellent pedal for the money
you can also try cmatmods.com Chad makes a couple of nice chorus pedals

jb's 52

I thought about my Small Clone the other day and
it is the only chorus (and pedal) I have never thought
of replacing or "upgrading."

Now if I can only find "that" in a delay, dist, OD, etc :jo

Aslan

Radial engineering has come out with a new chorus pedal and I tried it this week, have to admit for $150 it sounds very nice and is quiet, has everything I would want in a chorus.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom