recommend me a good FX floor unit

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by xbox540, Feb 19, 2009.

1. xbox540

xbox540 Member

i wanna buy a good floor pedal, like the digitech rp7, but i wanna know if theres something better out there used or for a low price. im looking for something with a good array of effects and at least one expression pedal, and even some good amp models. if it has a preamp tube then even better. any suggestions?

2. epluribus

epluribus Member

I've been very impressed with the amp sims in the new Digitech RP line. The 250, 350, and 500 are quite good, IMHO, and have a decent lineup of FX as well. But for that kinda dough, go EBayin' for a used GNX3 or GNX4--wonderful boards, MIDI interface, love the stombox mode for live use.

The Behringer VAmp line has really great amp sims, but not enough deep-editing for me, and limited FX. As for Pods, I'm one of the heathen unwashed around here that doesn't like 'em--remote, numb, not very amp-y at all. But a lot of guys with good taste in tone like 'em, so IMHO...it's IYHO that counts.

--Ray

3. Brettski

Brettski Member

A couple buddies of mine SWEAR by the VOX stuff. I have to admit, for the money, it sounds quite good. Makes me kinda regret that XT Live I bought for pubrock gigs.

http://www.voxamps.com/pedals/tonelable/

It's not very cheap, but the Carl Matrin multi effects seems like it would be pretty cool in a no-nonsense-probably-sounds-better-than-most-multi-fx-units kinda way. You forgo a good bit of versatility, but it's a little closer to having four separate (really good, if it lives up to the Carl Martin reputation) pedals.

http://www.carlmartin.com/product_quattro.htm

4. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

The new Boss Me-70 looks really cool.

5. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

:agree