Recommend me a HSS Bolt on S style thats not a strat...whats out there??

Russ73

I don't bond with Strats but I just sold a MM silhouette special, I have another in the stable, and I wanna replace it with something in the same vein but every HSS or HH strat I have played has not wowed me, what should I be looking at?? budget 1000, possibly more if I really dig it...thx!

http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/guitars/invader/index.asp

INV_ClrOrg_EB-1200.jpg

cap10kirk

The G&L Invader would be a good choice.
Also, I tried out a 2017 Schecter Banshee-6 Extreme, and I really liked that one. Had a lot of fun with the Floyd on it.

Russ73

Well I guess I was looking for a strat that wasn't a fender, I love the cutlass but its sss and tom Anderson and Suhr are out of my budget but ironically I was online tonite and I saw the new fender deluxe HSS and it looked interesting but all the strats ive played that were not custom shop didn't really wow me??

Fro68

Silver Supporting Member
MM LIII? If you like your Cutlass you should wait before buying. They're supposed to be coming out with an HSS model.

Well I guess I was looking for a strat that wasn't a fender, I love the cutlass but its sss and tom Anderson and Suhr are out of my budget but ironically I was online tonite and I saw the new fender deluxe HSS and it looked interesting but all the strats ive played that were not custom shop didn't really wow me??

I bought a Fender Artic White MIM Strat Standard HSS and installed Suhr everything on it. I didn't have the coin at the time, finished it up last month and have about $800 in it. Love everything about it and glad I went this route.

david(j)

Silver Supporting Member
Carvin bolt. I swapped pickups around (can't leave things alone) and I was still under $1000 with some cool customizations. I didn't get weird with flame or quilted tops, but I was able to get a great workhorse USA made with some great options - locking tuners, jumbo stainless frets, no inlays, black headstock, coil tap on bridge pickup, string thru hardtail bridge, etc.

I put a Dimarzio breed in the bridge and a virtual heavy blues 2 in the neck...kept the middle pickup stock for now. The thing rocks.

smallbutmighty

I do my own stunts.
Silver Supporting Member
okjuphahfkplkintd1bm.jpg

ESP E-II ST-2. This isn't mine, but mine looks exactly like it. I got it brand new for $1,100. They normally sell for $1,700, but so many players are ignorantly turning up their noses at the "E-II" on the headstock, that they are just sitting on the shelves. Look around and you will be able to find a great deal on one. I know of a blue E-II Mystique that I could get right now for $1,100 too. Killer axes.

Mine is one of the best overall axes I own.

s2y

Vintage Kramer.

Best bang for buck.

They're not a bad value at the moment. They seemed to be more expensive a few years ago. REALLY cheap in the early days of eBay, which is when I got mine.

Russ73

What didn't you like about the MM?
Nothing I love all things MM I just have 2 other ones and I want something different....I actually checked out the MIM Deluxe the 2017 today and it was not good..there was a Jackson with a Floyd that felt waaay better to me but I hate floyds and I prefer 22 frets...the search continues...the Carvin looks interesting nd a MM cutlass HSS would take the cake if MM introduces one...maybe Ill just wait til namm...

Darkness

Order a Carvin Bolt Kit (get ebony finger board for a small upcharge). Order pups, pots, switches, pickguard, and wiring from your favorite supplier. Assemble kit per instructions. I recommend Tung oil. Setup axe and enjoy your new super strat that doesn't feel like a strat, but sounds and performs better than just about any sub 1000 guitar out there. Just make sure you upgrade the electronics to your liking. The stuff that comes in the kit is okay, but nice pups and electronics push it over the top in my opinion.

Plus, if you just go with Tung oil or Tru oil, you don't pay for fancy finishes and such that are for the eyeballs only. I listen with my ears, not my eyes.

teefus

G&L legacy special or legacy hss or h2. most i have seen are 12" radius, nice comfy necks and superior vibrato to the F style. my legacy special looks like a strat but does not play or sound like one.

shane8

just about every guitar company makes one ......

Ibanez, charvel, Yamaha, esp/ltd, Jackson .... go kick a few tyres

Trending Topics

Top Bottom