Recommend me a new mp3-player!

PanicProne

So, here's the deal. I've been living of a Creative Zen Vision: M with 30gb for a few years. Almost filled it up (28gb last I checked) but then this happened. The input jack for the headphones has been "worn out". One of the "connectors" are bent and can't be fixed so I can only listen to my music in mono now.. So I'll be hunting for a new mp3 player. And yeah, got myself a Mac during summer and will need something that's compatible with it. What d'you guys use? Recommendations?

Tbone135

I had a Creative Vision M 30gb that I really liked until it was stolen from me. Creative makes a great product, but their support stinks and they never update their gear for new OS's. I replaced it with an Iphone eventually, but I'd suggest an Ipod classic for you. They're worth the extra cash to not have the little issues that Creative tends to give.

bdegrande

iPod Touch. It is a computer disguised as an MP3 player. Applications in almost every category imaginable, and obviously plays audio and video. Memory is up to 64 GB flash. If you want a hard disk based one, I like the Archos players. They have hard disk drives up to 500 GB. They will work with a Mac, I use it with one, but it is a lot clunkier than using an iPod.

Lance

This plays a lot more than mp3's, and it has the newest AMOLED screen, that blows away anything else. Yes, including the iWhatever. They do make a 32gig version, as well.

http://www.jetaudio.com/products/cowon/s9/

However, I'm sure since you already have a Mac you'll get an iSomething. I just wanted you to know there are better options out there.

PanicProne

This plays a lot more than mp3's, and it has the newest AMOLED screen, that blows away anything else. Yes, including the iWhatever. They do make a 32gig version, as well.

http://www.jetaudio.com/products/cowon/s9/

However, I'm sure since you already have a Mac you'll get an iSomething. I just wanted you to know there are better options out there.
Thanks guys for all the opinions ad yeah, and iSomething would be the obvious choice but that's why I started the thread. Too look for other stuff. However I'll be going for at least 40gb so I don't fill it all up again and have to get an ever newer one.. I'm leaning towards the ipod classic since I don't really need extra apps etc... pros and cons with these? how reliable are they?

Trending Topics