Recommend Me A Power Supply

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
So I'm looking to put a pedalboard together thus I'll need a power supply.

I have the following units that will need power:

9VDC

Boss TU-2
TS808
ARDX20
King of Tone (coming in the new year)

12VAC

Solemate Reverb

I've been looking at the Fuel Tank as it has the 12VAC I need. It also has the 230V switch which I need as I'm in Australia.

Any suggestions for any other supplies I should be looking at other than the Fuel Tank?

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
The Soldmate can also be powered via 9V at 300mA via DC current. So a PSU like a Cioks DC 8, Schizophrenic, and the Big Joh. Could power your effects. The Big John, you would need a "Y" power cable to power two low mA effects together. The Schizophhrenic, you would need a current doubler to power the Solemate thru 2-200mA taps.

rainraz

Check out Voodoo Lab 4x4. It has both 12v and 9v, total of 8 inputs. All isolated.

Last edited:

DaveKS

Fuel tank chameleon seems to hit all your needs at a fair price, not sure what it goes for down there.

DavidH

I would (did) get a Cioks DC10. Cioks PSUs are excellent ,the best I've used. I'll be getting another DC10 and also possibly a DC8 for my little board.

eflatminor

So I'm looking to put a pedalboard together thus I'll need a power supply.

I have the following units that will need power:

9VDC

Boss TU-2
TS808
ARDX20
King of Tone (coming in the new year)

12VAC

Solemate Reverb

I've been looking at the Fuel Tank as it has the 12VAC I need. It also has the 230V switch which I need as I'm in Australia.

Any suggestions for any other supplies I should be looking at other than the Fuel Tank?
With the relatively few pedals you're dealing with, why not simply use an outlet strip and the appropriate wall warts? Several of those pedals are 9volt'ers and can be daisy chained from a single wall wart. That would keep things cheap and easy I'd think.

omahaaudio

You can pick up a new BBE SupaCharger (a clone of the Pedal Power 2) for around $100 on Amazon. It will do what you want.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
You can pick up a new BBE SupaCharger (a clone of the Pedal Power 2) for around $100 on Amazon. It will do what you want.
Not. The OP needs switcheable voltage for power, which the BBE cannot since it is only 110V. The Cioks can power at 115 (US) or 220 (AUS/EU).

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
The Soldmate can also be powered via 9V at 300mA via DC current. So a PSU like a Cioks DC 8, Schizophrenic, and the Big Joh. Could power your effects. The Big John, you would need a "Y" power cable to power two low mA effects together. The Schizophhrenic, you would need a current doubler to power the Solemate thru 2-200mA taps.
Are you sure the Solemate can be powered with DC? I recall liaising with the Vanamps guys a while back and they stated it specifically needs AC?

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
With the relatively few pedals you're dealing with, why not simply use an outlet strip and the appropriate wall warts? Several of those pedals are 9volt'ers and can be daisy chained from a single wall wart. That would keep things cheap and easy I'd think.
That's definitely something to consider.

DavidH

If I only needed AC power for one pedal, I'd probably run that from a wall wart and shop for a nice DC supply for the rest.

Otherwise the Cioks AC rider would do the job here very nicely. As would the Fuel Tank I guess.

It really depends how much room for expansion you want as well.

Cioks have the nicest product out there IMO.

AC rider specs:

6 outlets configured in 3 isolated sections
powerful AC section with 9 or 12V AC
short circuit protection of all outlets
advanced LED monitoring of each section
120 or 230V mains voltage operation
detachable mains power cord
courtesy AC mains outlet
CIOKS unique mains link feature
9 Flex cables included
very easy mounting to pedal boards
durable steel enclosure with 2mm thick top
Specifications:
Outlet 1-2: 9 or 12V DC / 200mA
Outlet 3-4: 9 or 12V DC / 200mA
Outlet 5-6: 9 or 12V AC / 800mA

Turi

The Soldmate can also be powered via 9V at 300mA via DC current. .
IF this is true (I have no idea tbh) then a Joyo JP-02 will cover everything.

It's got a 9v 500mA slot.

Also has 7 slot fors 100mA 9v DC which will cover all your other stuff.

It can't do AC though - it comes with some cables that reverse polarity, but not swap from DC to AC.

But yeah. If what jnepo1 says is true, Joyo JP-02 has this and room for more easily, and it's cheap.

ksandvik

It can't do AC though - it comes with some cables that reverse polarity, but not swap from DC to AC.

But yeah. If what jnepo1 says is true, Joyo JP-02 has this and room for more easily, and it's cheap.
Also not isolated outputs so depending how well your pedals handle shared ground it might hiss or not.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Are you sure the Solemate can be powered with DC? I recall liaising with the Vanamps guys a while back and they stated it specifically needs AC?
Check the website. If anything, the Cioks Big John and the Schizophrenic has an IEC outlet that accepts the universal AC adapted to power the unit at AC. The Cioks can be powered at 115V (US) or 220V (EU/AUS).

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member

Nope, it's a glorified daisy chain. Easy way to determine is that it has a wallwart. That's why it's cheap.

Turi

Nope, it's a glorified daisy chain. Easy way to determine is that it has a wallwart. That's why it's cheap.
...it still fulfills all requirements, if the 12v AC Soulmate Reverb can run off the higher 9v DC output from the Joyo.

Who cares what it is or isn't.

It matches the criteria.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
...it still fulfills all requirements, if the 12v AC Soulmate Reverb can run off the higher 9v DC output from the Joyo.

Who cares what it is or isn't.

It matches the criteria.
You're talking digital, which means noise from daisy chaining. Maybe you don't care, but it's not about you. It's about the op's needs.

Turi

You're talking digital, which means noise from daisy chaining. Maybe you don't care, but it's not about you. It's about the op's needs.
..have you actually used a Joyo JP-02? Or are you just dismissing it for no reason at all?

I've had one for a while now, and I've never encountered any problems with it - noise or otherwise.

I had mine running a damn EHX SMMH and a Red Panda Context at the same time off the same input and never had any trouble.
Both digital pedals.

I used to run a Hardwire Supernatural, CR-7, DL-8 through it (all digital) and had no problems, while it was also running the CM-2 and an SC-2 (analog) at the same time.
No problems.

I'm not sure why you're trying to throw this suggestion on the ground - it matches the OP's needs.

Trending Topics