Recommend me a treble booster...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by OrangeAD30TC, Sep 4, 2008.

1. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W.

I have an Orange AD-30, a Budda SD 18 and a Hayseed on the way. I think all three would benefit from a treble booster at times. Who makes the best/ a really good one?

2. Burgs

Burgs Member

Don Butler built a good one under the Toneman brand but I think he's gone off the radar due to parts shortages or similar. I know he did a collaborative RM with 65 Amps called the Colour Boost as well. I have one of these and it's fantastic. There may be a few of these still kicking around if you're lucky. Better than the half dozen BSM's that I also have IMO.

Discofreq's site lists a huge line-up of Rangemaster type pedals. He or the respective pedals' users would be able to give you the low-down, I'm sure.

You're right though. All of the amps you have coming will love a Treblebooster. Have fun. :)

3. Burgs

Burgs Member

Also, I noticed a real one for sale. A tad pricey though.

4. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

I have been through quite a few of them - the Analogman, Retroman, and Thobak are all winners in my book. I currently am using a Hombru Range Booster on my board with really good success.

5. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

Add DAM RedRooster to the list of contenders. (I stopped looking after I got that...)

6. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi Hartman Treble Booster with NOS OC44 trans. great pedal check it out.
    Peace Strat58

7. benjammin

benjammin Member

I've got my eyes set on either the MJM RM Booster (well, really I have my eyes set on every product MJM makes) or the BYOC TriBoost (the prior parenthetical comment applies here too).

8. Sol

Sol Member

Ive been using the D*A*M Red Rooster for three yrs now and I dont know how I got by without it for all those years.

Im a Les Paul man and my first choice amp is a '66 Vox AC30 TB the Rooster is just perfect with this and the Les Paul.

Its equally incredible with my 1964 Marshall Lead&Bass 50 watt top(Basicly a 1986 circuit).
    The upper mid/treble boost makes it sound like the later split cathode '69 circuit, as the 1964 and 1986 circuit is shared cathode, I could swear Jimmy Page used something like this on stuff like Heartbreaker, cause the toneof the D*A*M pushing the Marshall into sweet gain, is so reminisent of that sound, all guess work of course but thats my impression.

I know the D*A*M stuff is pricey but its been so worth it to me, great investment, that you'd always make your money back on if you had to sell

9. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

the best treble booster I found was the treble boost side on a boss cs-1 with both knobs clockwise.-I've tried most of the boteek boosters.

10. Franklin

Franklin Member

There are many, but my fav is the Analogman Beano Boost.

11. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

keeley java boost.

12. spence

spence Member

13. Bonenut

Bonenut Member

Word.

14. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^

I really like my AM Beano boost. I have a Java that will be up for sale soon as it is just too noisy. I am on the list for a DAM Red Rooster which I have high hopes for. The Beano is the most easily available and very close to the original wiring.

15. aeonlux

aeonlux Member

analogman Beano Boost - or if you can, an analogman Sunlion - get the Beano Boost with some Sunface, all NKT style!

cheers,
    Ian

16. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    i've been very happy with my AM Beano Boost as well. it's reasonably priced, built like a tank and sounds great. would love to try out a DAM Red Rooster, but it's kinda pricey....

17. geetarboy

geetarboy Member

I'm really happy with my AM Beano Boost.

18. cugel

cugel Member

best for the money would be byoc or a monsterpiece
    i have a byoc that i built myself and its agreat pedal
    monsterpieces are amazing pedals and if there is a nicer guy than richard to deal with i would like to meet them!

19. benjammin

benjammin Member

monsterpiece makes a treble booster? i thought he just made fuzzes (note: great sounding, incredible value fuzzes)

20. amphead777

amphead777 Member

I've gone through I think 10 TB's. I believe I have 4 left. My fav at the moment is the Retroman Beano. I will say there are many really good ones like the Scot 60 that don't get the chatter here.