Recommend me a wine kit

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by dave-o, May 4, 2016.

1. dave-o

dave-o Member

So April is on a wine kick, she wants to graduate from sweet to dry and we're working on that. I'd like to get a kit and make her some that's a little sweet but not too much, any recommendations?

2. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

'Make' her some ... as in making your own wine? I could certainly recommend some not overly dry ones to buy (red or white), but my guess is that if you need to ask the likes of us members here about actually making wine, you're probably waaaay better off buying anyway.

QRSS likes this.
  3. Campfired

Campfired Member

Agree with AaaCee. The cost of making your own wine would be much costlier than finding a decent wine merchant and asking about what you hope to find.

You could read up in the subject of wine pairings with cheese or food:

or attend a selected wine tasting at your local wine merchant so as to educate your palate.

(I own a copy of the above book. Slightly out-dated for current years, but provides a good basic foundation of understanding wine varietals.)

4. LPBlue

LPBlue Member

Nothing that you could make in 25 minutes could be bested by a trip to your local spririts emporium.

5. tantramar

tantramar Member

The Cellar Craft Showcase wine kits make outstanding reds and whites. The kits make 30 750ml bottles.

dave-o likes this.