Recommend me replacement Tele pickups

sumlin

Hi

I just re-bought the same Telecaster for the 3rd time. It's been back and forth between me and a friend for 8 years or so. It's a ****** Squier Silver Series but the neck, weight and playability is great. I love the thing.

I have a proper 1973 Wide Range humbucker I am going to put in the neck I think. I use a Tele Deluxe on the neck pickup at the moment and it's bassy enough for me and drives my amp just right. I did consider a P90 instead but can't decide if the low end will be enough...

Can anyone recommend me a good single coil replacement for the bridge?
Bear in mind I rarely use the bridge pickup on it's own, I play in a bass-less band and I run through a Hiwatt and a 250w bass rig simultaneously so the pickup needs to be fairly thumpy and low-endy. No single coil sized humbuckers though, can't stand 'em.

Hit me!

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
partshdbody.jpg
Harmonic Design S90 paired with their Z90 in the neck. Note that the S90 is made only in a bridge version. Very nice fat but teleish pickup, mixes well with the Z90, is even hum cancelling. This is a great combination, though I wouldn't want to try to talk you out of the wide range humbucker. But if you do get an S90, be prepared to start using it by itself!

Sammy

Shed pickups for Tele, best out there they are amazing, since putting them on my hand built Tele, originally I had bare kuckles on it, I now hardly touch my 1966 original Fender which was previously my best guitar & which everyone loves! :RoCkIn

stephenT

Try Budz pickups, we have on in the bridge position on a guitar that Sean Costello uses, he loves it, fat and snarly but still twangy, lovely PU.

budzguitars.com

GregoryL

Lost of choices - I have Lollar Vintage in one of my teles and I love them and I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

I have Lollar blondes in a strat and his P-90's in my Collings 290.

I don't know what he's doing different, but his pickups are great.

mjh

replaced the Noiseless in my american deluxe with the Lindy Fralin's. I think they are the stock replacement, big improvement.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom