• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

recommend me some string gauges

fatoni

in standard tuning i use ddarrio 10-46 on a 25.5" scale. with my newest guitar i plan to tune down a whole step. i think im torn between going with 11s or 12s but i think im leaning towards 12s . i really want to maintain the same level of string tension. does anybody have any suggestions? thanks guys

jo2012

Ernie Ball Not Even Slinkies are awesome. I use them on my Strat tuned to E. Sometimes Drop D

fatoni

yeah well i just dont know which one to start with. the guitar is coming from suhr so i figured the way they set it up and plek it would probably be better than what i could do

catpeople

Stop tailpiece or trem? Floating or decked? What's the bridge on your current guitar? What's the scale on the new one? It's a suhr so probably 25.5, but if shorter then 12s are a good start.

Sancho

11-52 or 11-56.
You don't want too much tension on those upper string, but an 11-49 set might feel slack on the bottom two strings.

fatoni

the new guitar will be a 25.5 scale with a stoptail. i currently have multiple guitars with vintage trems, floating trems and even a floyd (tuned down to c# using 12s). i much prefer the tension of the standard tuned guitars to the floyd

Trending Topics

Top Bottom