Recommend mobile mixing table

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Gasp100, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I'm in need of a nice, VERY STABLE, easily compactable, easy portable mixing table. My 4U Road Runner rack holds:
    1U Power
    1U Shure IEM system
    2U AxeFX
    It has built in wheels / handle and I love it. My mixer (Mackie DL1608 for full band gigs or Behringer Eurorack for acoustic) sits neatly in the pocket section when mixing.
    But... many venues don't have a spare/small enough table for on, back or next to stage and I really need that stuff UP so I can access it quickly and easily.
    Any ideas, don't want to break the bank on a freaking table!

2. speakerjones

speakerjones Member

A buddy I mix for a lot had a nice little all aluminum camp table. Pretty sure Coleman made it. Not sure if they still do. Folded up flat for transport and was nice and light. Hit up your local outdoor/sporting goods store. Another option is an A/V cart. Luxor makes the ones we use at work, in both metal and plastic. Configurable for all sorts of different situations.

3. MLG Audio

MLG Audio Member

Not sure if you have anything else that goes in an ata case with you, but I use the lid from my mixer case on a keyboard stand, then the mixer in the bottom of the case on another stand. It makes a nice neat little FOH area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

I use a small plastic folding table from Costco. Durable and lightweight. It's about twice as long as my 6U rack, same depth.

5. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member