• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recommendations for 5 pedal board and power supply?

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
Want to put together a smaller board. Tuner, fuzz, OD, boost and reverb. I know the pedals I'm going to use, but I'm not sure which board and power supply to buy. Would like to keep under $300.

Don't need any specialized power. Just the standard power for each pedal. Not using 18 volt for anything, or Strymon like pedals. Have one of the old MXR style pedals, but the rest are standard and one mini, so not with unusual size.

What would you recommend?

Flogger59

The Truetone CS12 fits the budget. It's way over spec, though I would not see that as a negative. Boards have a way of expanding, and that power supply will handle it.

myaudiodna

I think a pedaltrain nano or nano+ would probably fit the bill depending on the size of the pedals you're using. If we knew exactly what pedals you were using we could probably give a better recommendation.

For power, I'd say grab a Cioks 4. It only has 4 outputs, but daisy chaining 2 pedals shouldn't be an issue as long as they're both analog. It's tiny and light, can be powered by a wall wart or a power bank and has plenty of juice to cover any pedals you might swap in in the future.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
I recently got a voodoo lab dingbat with an integrated power supply that works great. Check it out. I like it so much I added a medium sized one as well.

Blue Lizard

+1 on the Nano+ and Cioks setup. :aok

Indeed, I run a couple of ‘em, each with a DC5 which is more than capable of providing a spare output for an outboard wah pedal or other.

Benz2112

Silver Supporting Member
I bought a combo from Sweetwater, with a Pedaltrain Jr. and a Truetone CS6, they basically throw in some EBS patch cables for free, nice little package deal.

Timtam

Harley-Benton ISO-5 Pro. 3 x 9v @ 300mA; 2x 9/12/18v @ 500mA. Fully-isolated. 2000 mA total. Or ISO-1 Pro for same money but more outputs, different features.

5 pedals plus supply should fit on a $25 40cm ebay board.

All up < $100.

Last edited:

bluejaybill

Silver Supporting Member
I Have a Temple Solo 18 and a small Cioks (DC5 I think?) that fits underneath. Great for 5 pedals.

mrpinter

Silver Supporting Member
One Spot and daisy chain. I think the OS provides 1700 mA, so if your pedals don't exceed that, you'll be fine.
I use a One Spot as well and have never had a noise (or other) issue - except for noise from compressors which are just noisy on their own. For a board, I recommend the Rockboard Duo 2.1. It's a bit slanted - which makes the switches a bit easier to hit accurately, and it's also a bit wider and deeper than the Nano+. Alternately, the discontinued Pedaltrain Mini is great for five pedals - if you can find one. It's bigger than either the Duo 2.1 and the Nano+, and the top shelf works great for a place to run power cables. I have both of these, each with five Boss size pedals. Here they are:

BroomH

If you can afford it, I would stay away from things like the one spot. I have it and is a great solution for the money, but some digital pedals introduce noise in the system. Sometimes is a digital clock and sometimes is a lot of noise. If you do not want to risk it, it is better to go for a solution that has multiple isolated outputs.

This has useful info:

Sam Xavier

Another vote for the CS-12. As mentioned by @Flogger59 , it's over spec for your current (pun not intended) needs but you'll be covered when the inevitable happens and you get more pedals.

It's quiet, durable, reliable and Truetone stand behind all their products. Had mine for a couple of years, powering 12 pedals, trouble free.

moehuh

I can highly recommend the Pedaltrain Nano+ with Cioks DC5.
Fits perfectly and is very reliable. I did daisy chain the pedals before, but you will have problems if the power is not clean. Never had a single issue with the Cioks. Strymon is great too, but pricy.

Trending Topics