1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for headphones to use with POD HD500

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by gobseulmuhri, May 21, 2011.

1. gobseulmuhri

gobseulmuhri Member

I live in an apartment where my roomate's room is directly adjacent to mine, and I can't really play at night through my computer speakers because they tend to get pretty loud. I tried using cheapo sony earbuds, but it sounded terrible...

Any recommendations on solid headphones to use with the PODHD? I'm considering the ATH M50, Senn HD280 Pro, and Shure SRH440 right now. Also open to other suggestions. As you might guess, my price range is ~$100-$150. It'd be nice also to be able to use them for light mixing during late nights.

Thanks!

2. YBNVS

YBNVS Member

I own both the ATH-M50 and the HD280 pro's, and in my opinion the M50's are better in all aspects but especially with HD500. The 280's are way to bright for me and honestly I didnt even realize it until I bought the M50's. But they are both great headphones.

3. Gtrman100

Gtrman100 Member

+1- the AT's are extremely smooth and flat. They translate much better into monitor and PA speakers.

4. ToddWeller

ToddWeller Member

Sennheiser's are the best imho, even the low cost ones are very good.

5. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Just, whatever you do, do NOT tweak your tones with headphones. It does NOT work well at ALL.

6. rezidentura

rezidentura Member

Okay, I know this is nuts but.... I bought these Sony headphones from Meijers (supermaker store) and they sound GREAT with the HD I forget the model number MDH somethign or another. They're sub 20 dollars and my patches tweaked with these sound oddly fine through my SV112 combo live. It's my second pair my kids killed the first, and after buying a more expensive pair. I realized they weren't as good. Bought a second and I think there quite good.

I've never tried REAL studio headphones so I couldn't compare but, I say worth the buy.

7. phild

phild Member

My studio headphones sound horrible with the HD - but my inexpensive Sony MDR-V300 sound really good. :dunno