- Under $2500 (just the head)
- Full-on Marshall dirty channel (big mean dark distortion with balls type of Marshall)
- Sparkling clean (NOT crunchy/dirty) channel
- PTP and simple would be ideal as I would prefer to service my own gear
- 50W or similar power option
The band I'm in now calls for everything from palm muted tremolo picking rhythms, to finger-picking clean arpeggios and open chords. I play almost everything in D, some stuff in drop C, mostly on a Les Paul. Our sound reminds me of:
Think dirty big mean dark rock/metal sounds with lots of hints of dark woody tones, NOT shredding trebbly scooped metal or brittle "JCM800 & TS pedal" hair metal.