Recommendations for Phaser/Flanger/Univibe style effect.

jdel77

My vintage MXR Micro Flanger just died, so while I'm searching for a new Reticon chip, I need some kind of Phasery/Flangery swirly watery situation on my board.
What's your favourite? Ideally no larger than a Boss style pedal, but I could move some things around.
How is the GNI Phaser/Flanger?
Anything else that does this? I could just get a Univibe on there...

bigchiefbc

Flanger, Phaser and Univibe are three different effects.
Well, phaser and flanger are different effects. But a univibe IS a phaser.

The Blackout Whetstone is a phaser that also has an assymetrical sweep mode that can cop the "chorus" side of the univibe, and also has a vibrato mode that can do the other side.

But you're not going to get a flanger sound out of any phaser.

jdel77

That's true - A Univibe is a 4 stage phaser which uses a photocell instead of FET's...But I'm thinking along the lines of a Phaser and Flanger in one box, or a Univibe.
Is the sweet sound still the classic Vibe? And is the GNI the only Phase/Flange in one unit out there?

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
Flanger Hoax?

I know my Tau Pipe phaser can get out near flange territory, but it's an unobtanium-plated hen's tooth.

alamere

My personal fav right now is the phase 45, I'm surprised more people don't love this pedal... Not a flange, but certainly watery at slow speeds and capable of doing a decent "vibe" at higher speeds. Small, cheap and totally worth owning..

jcoriha

The ADA Flanger is capable of Flanger, Chorus, UniVibeish, and Phaseresque effects. It just needs some dialing in.

Belmont

My personal fav right now is the phase 45, I'm surprised more people don't love this pedal... Not a flange, but certainly watery at slow speeds and capable of doing a decent "vibe" at higher speeds. Small, cheap and totally worth owning..
it's well known for it's vibe-ish attributes, the DOD Phaser 201 is similar.

Trending Topics