Recommendations of Australian online pedal sellers

Satan666

This one is for the people in Australia. I'm trying to track down an Electro Harmonix pitch fork and can't find any sellers on ebay that are local. I'm stuck in a hospital bed atm (more surgery for a motorcycle accident six months ago) and am hoping to have it sent to the rehab place I'll need to go to before I go home to avoid having to somehow get to the post office to collect it.

Anyway, if any people in know of reliable online sellers, preferably in Melbourne who could help me out, that'd be great. I'm going to try Mannys after I post in the hope they have the pitchfork pedal I'm after.

Frosted Glass

The EHX distributor in Australia is a joke. A few years back they wanted $200 for a NYC big muff, $700 for a DMM etc when currency was near parity. Online sales have caused them to drop their prices a bit but I wouldn't support them on principal.

Ev O)))

yeah they are douchbags. $600 POG 2s. Find the cheapest price in AUS and the price to import one would still probably beat it

john beddoe

Deluxe guitars in South Melbourne are very well priced. They have a huge range but mostly the boutique variety. They dont stock EHX...but for any other pedals, check them out. They post quickly and safely.

Stonebandit

Silver Supporting Member
Just bring one over from the States. Shipping takes next to no time. And you don't like the pockets of the middleman here.

Plenty of great US dealers for EHX. Just not a happening for them here cost wise.

Satan666

Global Vintage here in Sydney sells EHX.
Aha! (The exclamation...not the awful 80's band with the stench of Nordic homo) THAT'S the kind of reply I was looking for. Well played, sir!

[
yeah they are douchbags. $600 POG 2s. Find the cheapest price in AUS and the price to import one would still probably beat it
I thought I must have been tripping when I saw some of the prices as well. Either the same price or cheaper to buy one from the states. 'Buy Australian' can gobble my large one if it's cheaper to buy from an American chain store and have it delivered to my door.

Deluxe guitars in South Melbourne are very well priced. They have a huge range but mostly the boutique variety. They dont stock EHX...but for any other pedals, check them out. They post quickly and safely.
I'll keep them in mind man and check out their website. Thanks for the tip ;)

If all else fails I'll just get one from an American online store but I'm surprised these are proving so slippery to purchase online. Usually I'd strut into a store, slam my cash on the counter and demand, "You there! Pedal monkey! Fetch me a Pitch Fork pedal and don't make me wait, lest you feel the sting of my boot up your arse!"

I'm quite a people person as you can probably tell. Thanks for the replies blokes and stay gold...stay gold.

nerdinary

As everyone else has probably already mentioned - get it shipped from the states. I usually go with the eBay route - plenty of sellers with <$15 shipping with USPS, and prices much better than anything local.

The only time I bought something local was when I bought a Weehbo Plexface and Deluxe Guitars (www.deluxeguitars.com.au) in Melbourne gave me the same price as overseas.

Satan666

It's a sad fact but you're right, buying from local sellers is more expensive and more of a hassle than having it shipped from overseas. Fewer overheads=cheaper products/postage and local retailers loose our business as a result. It's a shifty business model, that's for sure.

I'll check out Deluxe Pedalempire, appreciate the tip ChrisFFTA and that Global Vintage place is amazing. SSo many rare and older Boss pedals there...I'll be loitering around that site for a while.

Satan666

Bought one from an online seller on ebay. Lowest price I could find by about $25 and it should arrive in about a week. Australian online sellers suck arse. There's obviously just no money in it I guess.

Can't wait for the pitch fork to arrive and to put it with the nano Big Muff pi that arrived the other day.

Thanks for the replies fellas :)

Stonebandit

Silver Supporting Member
There you go. There was only going to be one answer!

Help balance out the Import/Export charts. Power to the people.

Import when necessary, on other goods we buy Australian made and local where possible.

Enjoy the Pitchfork and stick it to the man.

Best of luck with rehabilitation!

Trending Topics