Recommendations on a acoustic guitar internal mic?

I want to amplify my Martin HD28, and have been told that a mic inside the body works better than a pickup over the soundhole. Thought I'd give it a shot.

But would love some recommendations for an outstanding sounding mic that's easy to set up. Thank you!

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Silver Supporting Member
Internal mics are prone to feedback and weird boominess problems. Here are two solutions that have worked for me...

1. Baggs Lyric. It's a pressure zone mic with eq built into a preamp. Mounts under the bridge. I have one in a delicate-sounding 12 string with a small bridge plate (too small for K&K, my original plan), and it's quite good. But for a big dreadnought, I'd go with the Baggs Anthem. It's the same mic, with a regular undersaddle pickup, and a preamp that uses the undersaddle only for low frequencies and the mic only for high frequencies. Clever design.

2. Schertler AG6 + mic. This is a magnetic pickup with an active preamp that accepts a little mic as a plug-in, with separate volumes for mic and magnetic. I love this system. The mic is very feedback-prone, but it doesn't take much mic to add that realistic sense of "air" to the magnetic pickup. And the magnetic pickup sounds great and is as resistant to feedback as that design usually is. My only gripes are a: the volume controls are hard to access, and b: it's expensive and hard to get in the US (I ordered directly from Schertler, in Switzerland iirc). But it does the things I want, which is delivering a hot low-impedance signal that can deal with whatever crap DI might be onstage, and sounding like an actual acoustic guitar, not a duck.

RookieRock

You can try isolo choice.
I bought it for a while and it is easily use for live when I directly plug it into the PA system or amp. And it can compatible with another pickup system.

Mark EL

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure what your budget is, or what kind of music you want to play at what volume, but this is a very good, highly thought of system. I have it on one acoustic, sound is superb. Link is to Amazon listing, sorry. I’d try Shoreline Music, especially if you mention acoustic guitar forum.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Silver Supporting Member
Not sure what your budget is, or what kind of music you want to play at what volume, but this is a very good, highly thought of system. I have it on one acoustic, sound is superb. Link is to Amazon listing, sorry. I’d try Shoreline Music, especially if you mention acoustic guitar forum.

I love mine!

Trending Topics